The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail

3 posters

Go down

Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail Empty Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail

Post by abirkitt1972 Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:35 pm

Hello,

I have purchased a Fiamma T4 bike carry rack and I cannot fit it properly due to a plastic strip that is screwed onto the underside lip of the tailgate which is preventing two bottom stabilising parts of the carry rack to be fitted (they secure it to the bottom tailgate lip) Please see pictures attached, the VW part is 701 829 199 B which has some round 'screws' which I am struggling to remove. I have tried torx and standard philips/crossheads to no avail! if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly received!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best Wishes

AndyB
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail Empty Re: Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:20 pm

Are they actually pop rivets?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

frederic and abirkitt1972 like this post

Back to top Go down

Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail Empty Re: Advice on removing a part from a Trooper Tail

Post by abirkitt1972 Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:51 pm

I am not sure, I did a bit of research on the internet and they do look like rivets. No idea how to remove them! i guess drill them out?
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:21 pm

Pop rivet removal, if that's what they are, is by drilling them out. I'd start with a small drill, 3mm or so. If they are Pop rivets they'll almost certainly be aluminium, so easy to drill, and the first few turns of your drill should tell you that, aluminium is easy to drill so you'll see cuttings right away.
Should they not be Pop rivets you'll do little harm just trying....
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down