The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW Trooper (more advice please)

2 posters

Go down

VW Trooper (more advice please) Empty VW Trooper (more advice please)

Post by abirkitt1972 Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:49 pm

Hey there,

Enjoying being part of this forum.

I have my eye on a VW Trooper (date:2000) which has less than 30k miles on it. Clean MOT and full service history, obviously been very well looked after. They want £21k, is this steep ort spot on (i'm thinking the latter)? cam belt changed at 15k miles.

Also, the vehicle has no retractable awing, can you retro fit that? if so, which brand...i hear good things about Fiamma? and also, the wheels are the original so no locking wheel nut; can you add a 'VW wheel covers' to them? 

P.S i have to say on my last post the advice people gave me was excellent, i feel much more confident buying a used Auto Sleeper by being on this forum. Massive thank yous!

Regards

Andrew
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

VW Trooper (more advice please) Empty Re: VW Trooper (more advice please)

Post by Boots Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi Mr A,

My parents had that model with a 'pop top' and found it to be very good, I have only had other A/S types.

I think in these times it is about right price wise, assuming its dealer supplied with a warranty?

Concerning an awning, I have had two vans with wind out awnings, van1, 5years ownership out/in twice first to check it out and clean it second time to checkit out and clean it before trading it in.

Van2, the Rienza, nearly a years ownership out/in to check and clean. Used once in the extrem heat of late, due to to swimbo's pressure, not much good I found better shade on the shady side of the van rather than moving every 10mins or so to keep shaded.

Plus think of the weight, look at a tarp & pole set up or one of the 'zip up bag' type awnings that fasten to the van nice and light. Pluss cheaper.

Cheers

Boots
Boots
Boots

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

abirkitt1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

VW Trooper (more advice please) Empty Re: VW Trooper (more advice please)

Post by abirkitt1972 Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Hey,

It is a private sale, so no dealer warranty.

Its due an MOT in the coming weeks so I'll need to hold off until that happens. They have just told me that they have an Outwell inflatable awning, which is included in the price and had a Habitation check in 2020.

Andy
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down