The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions

2 posters

Go down

Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions Empty Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions

Post by Nelly Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:55 pm

Hi all, 

I’m hoping someone can help me out.

We are about to take ownership of a 2002 Autosleeper Dorset ES (Fiat Ducato Base).

We have hired an older, similar van in the past and always had infill cushions (usually flanking the long bench seat as arm rests during the day) to extend the bench seat and then the pulled forward single seat behind the passenger side in order to make them into two single beds.

It’s a layout we prefer.

When we viewed the van the seller told us there were no smaller infill cushions. Only the long one running along the back of the bench seat used to make the double set up. That was it. 

Would that be right?

If there are meant to be small infill cushions is there somewhere we can purchase the right size/pattern for this layout and age of van or might we have to get creative with some pieces of firm foam and a sewing machine?

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited by Nelly on Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors and clarity)
Nelly
Nelly

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions Empty Re: Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions

Post by Paulmold Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:07 pm

As far as I know there should be fill in cushions on vans of that age. I had a Symphony 1997 which is forerunner to the Symbol/Dorset,  there were 3 in fills.
Doubtful you'll be able to buy them.

If you're lucky, the handbook will be with the van , there's a diagram in it showing the shape of the cushions and how they fit.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Nelly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions Empty Re: Dorset ES 2002 model infill cushions

Post by Nelly Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Thank you. I’ve asked the seller to contact the previous owner to see if they are in an attic or garage somewhere. Otherwise I’ll be getting creative!
Nelly
Nelly

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down