The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions

4 posters

Go down

Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions Empty Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions

Post by Kaytee Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi, I am looking for some info on missing infill cushions (I guess this happens quite a lot) for our auto sleeper topaz. I need the one that fits between the seats with the hinged 'leg'. Is there any way of buying one? Other than that I am pretty handy and could make one up myself, but could anyone give me the dimensions? Thanks
Kaytee
Kaytee

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions Empty Re: Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions

Post by Pete Taylor Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:25 pm

Just parted with out Topaz, so unfortunately I can't provide photos or dimensions. What I can do is say that the thing you refer to is absolutely out of place on a van costing £55k. A dreadful piece of kit.
It has two folding legs, the hinges of which which are screwed through quite thin (4mm?) plywood. Ours fell apart and I replaced the self-tapping screws with 4mm stainless set screws, Nylok nuts and washers- it was still flimsy and only just fit for purpose but at least it held together.
If I were you I would make one myself, using more robust material and hinges.

Cheers,
Pete.

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions Empty Re: Missing auto sleeper topaz infill cushions

Post by Kaytee Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks Pete
I don't think I'll have any trouble knocking one together, but just need the dimensions. My van is an old 1995 model and I know the bed layout changes now and again. So if anyone has a similar aged van & can give me the dimensions of the block and the length of the legs I'll get cracking.
Kaytee
Kaytee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kenjones Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi Kaytee,
I haven't been on here for a while so missed your original post.
If you still need the info I have a T4 Topaz and will photograph and measure it.
Ken
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaytee Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi Ken, yes please that would be great.Could you give me width,depth, height & length of hinged leg? Brilliant!
Kaytee
Kaytee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by C0LL0 Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi Kaytee

I bought a Topaz in Jnauray with that missing, but the previous owner made up a T shaped piece of wood that sits on the seat runners and pushes up against the hand brake, then they had made up just a rectangle piece of foam (covered) that simply slots between the seats (easy to measure) although the foam is too soft in my opinion which they have used.

But what I'm trying to say is that it is a better way of making the double bed up, than AS did with that hinged piece, and during the day (on days you are not traveling) you have a little table between the front seats just by removing the foam.
C0LL0
C0LL0

Male

Member Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaytee Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:53 am

smile! thanks for that ,I'll give it a try first
Kaytee
Kaytee

Female

Back to top Go down