The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading door window

4 posters

Go down

Loading door window  Empty Loading door window

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:38 am

Hi all has any body else had this problem I had the two drainage holes modified at Autosleeper’s so they drained off ok. If I pour water in the two drain holes it does all come out at the bottom of the window and the channel in the door stays dry. We stayed at a lay-by over night got up this morning opened loading door to take the dog out when I got back in I noticed the door card in the middle was damp and the channel had water in it I am not sure if condensation has ran down into the channel and when I shut the door it escaped from the channel ont the door card has anybody else had this problem thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Loading door window  Empty Re: Loading door window

Post by Solaris Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:10 pm

You don’t mention the weather. Most likely cause is rain getting in when the drain holes block. mine is currently sealed with waterproof tape. For it to be condensation would have thought the rest of the van would be running with it.
Solaris
Solaris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:40 pm

You probably have the old flush sliding windows with the miniscule drains, as I have. I would be interested to know how AS dealt with this, since I had understood that the only way of improving the situation was to fit new window glazing with the better recessed sliding windows, which I am told have bigger drain channels.

My drains have not caused an issue as yet in terms of blocking, but we did have a damp door card day a few months ago up on the Yorkshire Moors when the drains simply could not cope with the driving rain. The temporary solution was to turn the van round! It hasn't happened again ........ yet!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:27 pm

The miniscule drains are exactly that, having taken one apart in our previous van. They block up too easily with road dirt and become difficult to clear. AS’s solution was to blow them through with compressed air but eventually even this isn’t sufficient to clear them.

AS now fit an improved design of window with better seals and substantially bigger drain holes. We have them and they are a big improvement, no comparison with the older version. They’ve had a good test this past month in Orkney and Shetland and have performed faultlessly when subjected to horizontal driving rain, just the sort of weather that gave us problems in the previous van.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:23 pm

Had the modifications done at auto sleepers they took window out and the problem is mastic blocking drain holes when the window is fitted from new then fit tied into the plastic strips under drain holes to widen the channels no problem with this the water runs out now fine I am now thinking water from the roof dripped in when the door was opened since this happened I poured water all over the door window from hose pipe and the channels in the door was bone dry I can pour water in the drain holes and it all escapes fine under the window
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:24 pm

Mine leaks every now and then, and the door card becomes wet just below the window, towards the rear. It’s dependent on something I have yet to establish. Angle of the vehicle, wind direction, strength of the rain, maybe a combination of all of those, I don’t know exactly. But the drains are clear. It happens so rarely it doesn’t worry me too much. Once so far this year.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down