The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding Door Window Leaking IN?

+5
rgermain
TJB
Windychippy
Paulmold
Mark Edwards
9 posters

Go down

Sliding Door Window Leaking IN? Empty Sliding Door Window Leaking IN?

Post by Mark Edwards Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm

I Have a 2017 Warwick Duo, we were sat in the van recently in heavy rain and i noticed water coming in the van from the bottom of the sliding door. on looking into this it appears water can get past the sliding window (built into the door) and then it appears to drain inside the door and come out on the inside of the van, hence the bottom internal panel (on the door)is soaking wet, does anyone know if there is a drain hole somewhere that may be blocked or how this should work? any help much appreciated.
Mark Edwards
Mark Edwards

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Sliding Door Window Leaking IN? Empty Re: Sliding Door Window Leaking IN?

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:20 pm

There is a drain hole, very small, needs a very thin wire to clear any debris. Also make sure the window is returning to it's fully closed position (compare it with other window and you'll see if it's as flush).

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the site
Although a piece of thin wire may help, compressed air is probably a better option.
There are square drain holes each end of the sliding channel and the drain hole is in fact a slot towards the outer face at the bottom of the square drain hole.
Eventually had my whole window panel replaced at AS headquarters as have others on this friendly site, but try the wire and compressed air first.
Cheers Windy
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Ha,Ha,Ha, just read that you joined in 2016, leaping before I look again.hugegrins
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TJB Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:11 pm

I had no success with wire or compressed air and had my window replaced under warranty last year by AS at their Willersey service centre after the fault was diagnosed by Marquis . AS are familiar with the issue. It seems that the Peugeot window fitters are careless with mastic used to fit the windows and the plastic drainage slots get obstructed by the mastic. Water then spills into the van. There are two, fed by a small hole at each end of the gutter that the sliding window moves on You can see the slots by looking up where the glass overlaps the bodywork. You’ll need a torch. Mine leaked at the front as these  vans are nose down. The drains in the new window look a big bigger than the original ones which I suspect were buried in the mastic. If you have go to the Cotswolds factory AS have some overnight parking with hook up you can use free, by arrangement There’s a decent pub within walking distance and plenty of buses so you can go off for the day. We stayed on a nearby site as part of a Cotswold holiday. We had several other warranty repairs done on the same day. The AS service centre is much easier to deal with than Marquis and they know what they are doing.
TJB
TJB

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Sliding Door Window Leaking IN? Dscf3713
Pic of new drainage channel installed on back of new window panel installed at Willersay.
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Edwards Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks for the feedback. I've had a look at the channel at the bottom of the window and this seems to drain into the door OK, so I guess the issue is with the sealant on the window, i'll get in touch with Auto-sleepers and see what they say, Thanks again for the help.
Mark Edwards
Mark Edwards

Male

Member Age : 53
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:21 pm

2017 van, back to A/S for inspection rapid I would say. But first of all as Paul rightly points out, make sure the window is fully closed, I know as ours has not done so in the past, I now tend not to use them. Also I have found water when I have not fully shut the sliding door, making the door trim wet.

Best of luck sorting it out.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pootler Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:04 am

I have a 2011 Sussex Duo and in the past month I have started to have problem with water coming in the sliding door opening window. I have not noticed any problem with this before having had the van from new. I have tried cleaning the drain holes but do not appear to be having much success. I admit that I am slightly worried about poking too much with a piece of wire. I was wondering if the OP or anyone else has had any success other than changing the window.
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by StanRVan Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:19 pm

We had the same problem with our 2016 Symbol. We took it back to the dealer a couple of times but it wasn't rectified. After reading all the suggestions on this forum we took the door panel off and could see the water wasn't draining from the channel. We took it back again and showed them the problem and it was sorted out very quickly. They got Autoglass out to remove the window, clear out the sealant and put the window back in. It doesn't seem to be the same problem as you've checked the drain, but it could still be a problem with the sealant. Good luck with getting your problem sorted Mark.
StanRVan

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:30 pm

AS changed our window in the side door no problem earlier in the year.  Have a chat with Mark
There are a few posts on this topic
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:10 pm

forget the wire use compressed air and blow upwards.
carlc
carlc

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down