The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blown fuse

+5
Kdc
Bilbobaggins
Kemerton-bath
Paulmold
allanwbrown
9 posters

Go down

Blown fuse Empty Blown fuse

Post by allanwbrown Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:34 pm

Hello all - I have a 2023 Warwick XL - I was inflating the tyres through the cigar lighter socket (engine running) but have blown the fuse. I know it's not the pump as the socket is usually used for the satnav and that's not working either so conclude I've blown the fuse. Can someone advise me where I find the fuse please?? Many thanks Al Brown
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Blown fuse Empty Re: Blown fuse

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:37 pm

Your Boxer/Fiat handbook should have that information. I believe those may not be issued any more and you have to download from Internet.
Just Google it, lots of pdf versions available.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

allanwbrown likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Thank you Paul. I'll give that a go.
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:49 pm

Once you’ve got the fuse sorted you might want to consider a compressor that connects directly to the vehicle battery positive and negative (chassis) connections in the engine compartment. The RAC900 compressor by Ring is one example. Achieving the higher pressures on a 3.5t van tyre with a compressor plugged into a 12V socket will put you on the limit of what the socket can cope with.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Paulmold and allanwbrown like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:39 pm

There are two sockets on the dash of Seville vans, the cigar lighter and a power socket, I run my inflator if the one marked 150w with the engine running and have had no problem with fuses, having said that I recently bought a cordless inflator from Ryobi that uses the battery that came with my lawn mower, copes admirably with high pressures and is almost as fast as using pumps at local Asda fuel station.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:27 pm

If you haven’t sorted yet this may help.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:28 pm

Sorry for repeats.    Finger trouble.
I know it’s for earlier vans but may put you in correct fuse panel.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:24 am

Bilbobaggins wrote:There are two sockets on the dash of Seville vans, the cigar lighter and a power socket, I run my inflator if the one marked 150w with the engine running and have had no problem with fuses, having said that I recently bought a cordless inflator from Ryobi that uses the battery that came with my lawn mower, copes admirably with high pressures and is almost as fast as using pumps at local Asda fuel station.

I have similar to Ryobi from Worx as I have several other appliances that use the same battery - excellent.

The 15A fuse is on the limit for a 12v compressor. My Mercedes that came with a compressor instead of spare tyre had a socket rated at 25A.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by arkwright Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:16 am

Paulmold wrote:Your Boxer/Fiat handbook should have that information. I believe those may not be issued any more and you have to download from Internet.
Just Google it, lots of pdf versions available.

Believe it or not, for 2023 vans the fuse locations aren't specified in the FIAT handbook, it just says:-

189) Replacement of a fuse. All work may be performed only by a Fiat Dealership or a qualified repair workshop. The replacement of a fuse by a third party may cause a serious vehicle fault.

If someone knows the correct locations on a FIAT, I'd like to know!  up!
arkwright
arkwright
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:49 pm

Thank you to all for the advice. I still haven't sorted the fuse out but, as she's due an oil change soon, I'll get them to do it and let you know where and how. In the meantime I intend to buy a Ring cordless pump which looks good and, again, give some feedback on that.
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Peter Brown and arkwright like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm

arkwright wrote:

Believe it or not, for 2023 vans the fuse locations aren't specified in the FIAT handbook, it just says:-

189) Replacement of a fuse. All work may be performed only by a Fiat Dealership or a qualified repair workshop. The replacement of a fuse by a third party may cause a serious vehicle fault.

If someone knows the correct locations on a FIAT, I'd like to know!  up!

The handbook is hopeless in this respect. I appreciate these vehicles are complex and that it would be unwise to replace a fuse repeatedly without thought to why it’s failed. The first thing to check in any circuit if there is a problem is the fuse and if it’s blown, to see if a replacement solves it.

I’ve got a 2019 Ducato and the information in the link below appears to apply. Maybe different for your 2023 Ducato but you’ll find the information on line. I carry 3 different sizes of blade fuse in various ratings to match those fitted, along with several higher current fuses that fit onto threaded terminal posts. If one of the latter blew I would think hard and do some investigating with a meter before replacing it!

Tim 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

allanwbrown and arkwright like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:31 pm

Hi folks
Further to my last - and to stop me blowing up the whole fuse board - I bought a Ring RTC6000 rechargeable pump. Bloomin marvellous and well recommended.
Thank you for all of your suggestions.
Take care
Allan
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by romyalison Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:52 pm

Hi I have a Peugeot boxer auto sleeper 2018 and while inflating the tyre with a normal tyre pressure machine it blew the cigarette lighter fuse. I had to go to a Peugeot dealer to get the fuse sorted because it is under the bonnet behind the left light unit!!! Too big a job for me so the dealer did £10 just for labour he said. Thanks I said and I was on my way 1/2 hour later!!!!
romyalison
romyalison

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by bertb Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:33 pm

Just to add to the confusion. Both of the 2013 Peugeot base vehicles I have owned had the 2 power socket wiring/fuses reversed. According to the handbook. It took me quite a while to figure that out.
bertb
bertb

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:05 am

I took the van into Peugeot for an oil change and asked them to change the fuse which, I assume, should be a simple job if you're a qualified technician. They wanted £40. I declined their offer and will be less lazy and get my hands dirty.
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down