The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol Bed layout

+2
v8oholic
JohnF6
6 posters

Go down

Symbol Bed layout Empty Symbol Bed layout

Post by JohnF6 Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:02 pm

We currently have a 2004 Duetto and are possibly looking at changing it this year for something a little newer. We like the layout of the Duettto so are thinking about a Symbol.  On the Duetto you can have the bed set up either across the van or with some extra infill cushions lengthways, being 6'0 I find sleeping across too short so always sleep lengthways.  Looking at some online brochures it seems that this was possible on some of the older Symbol's but not on the newer ones, is this correct and if so when did it change? Am ideally looking for a van in the 2012 - 2016ish range but if can't sleep lengthways may have to rethink.  Thanks John.
JohnF6
JohnF6

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Symbol Bed layout Empty Re: Symbol Bed layout

Post by v8oholic Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:30 pm

You can sleep lengthways in two single beds. The passenger side one is the longer of the two, longer than 6 feet. I think the driver’s side single requires the drivers seat to be rotated backwards and the seat base forms part of the bed. But I’ve never used that side, so I’m not sure of the details.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 pm

The first Symbol on the x250 vans had no step between cab and habitation space, so the cab seat bases were the same height as the lounge seats and enabled a longer bed configuration. 

That version of the Symbol is easy to spot as the van has a GRP high top to facilitate the higher floor in the back. We had a 2009 Symbol with this arrangement. I think they were introduced in 2008 but not many were made and the cab-step in the floor version came in around 2010 at a guess and has remained ever since.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigt99 Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:49 am

We have a 2016 Symbol, I'm 6', or thought I was until a recent medical and found my height had slipped down to where my waist used to be, and have no problem sleeping lengthwise down the van. I rotate the passenger seat, but mainly as a shelf not a necessity, and my wife, admittedly only 5' or so claims to be very comfortable on the other side of the van).

We also traded up from a Duetto and are generally very happy with the Symbol although the technology has advanced exponentially 
T
Bigt99
Bigt99
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnF6 Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:19 am

Ok thanks for the replies, I guess the next step is to go and find a few to go and look at and try out.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. John
JohnF6
JohnF6

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby b Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:06 pm

Symbol 2012,fibre glass high top,level floor,I'm 5-10 no problem sleeping drivers side with cab seat swivelled with back to drivers door,passenger seat fully swivelled fully gives even longer,but always seems weaker with the slide out base in the centre but has never caused a problem
bobby b
bobby b

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by andyh Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 am

Somewhere in this discussion (see link below) is the suggestion to use the infill and sofa backrest cushions and raise the driver's side single bed height to that of the driver's seat, which needs to be turned round. That way you can have two single beds over 6'. The suggestion has been a 'game-changer' for us.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
andyh
andyh
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down