The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol

+2
Paulmold
tania wilkie
6 posters

Go down

bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol Empty bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol

Post by tania wilkie Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Hello,  I have just bought the Peugeot boxer symbol and am trying to work out how to organise the cushions to make the large double bed - in particular what to do with the two extra cushions which are filling up my cupboards.  Anyone have a website address that I can perhaps refer to?

Many thanks,  Tania
tania wilkie
tania wilkie

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : Symbol

Back to top Go down

bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol Empty Re: bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol

Post by Paulmold Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:24 pm

There should be 3 cushions. The small one which normally lives behind rear single seat with a 'flap' goes in the gap behind drivers seat after the armrest is lifted and folded. The L shaped one goes between the back of the front passenger seat and the end of the laid flat rear single seat. The L bit is to go round the pillar of the seatbelt. Then the largest of the cushions fits between these two cushions if using as large double bed. It's not needed if you can sleep in the double across the van.
If you are comfortable in the double across the van you can leave all 3 cushions at home.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol Empty Re: bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol

Post by Paul 300358 Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:16 pm

As Mr Mold says, ours live in a bin liner up in the attic.

Wishing you lots of happy holidys.

Paul
Paul 300358
Paul 300358
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurian Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 am

tania wilkie wrote:Hello,  I have just bought the Peugeot boxer symbol and am trying to work out how to organise the cushions to make the large double bed - in particular what to do with the two extra cushions which are filling up my cupboards.  Anyone have a website address that I can perhaps refer to?

Many thanks,  Tania
Hi Tania

I have just bought a 2003 Symbol and initially was confused by the 3 extra cushions.  To be honest I think they are unnecessary things to carry about.  If you pull the settee bed out to meet the flattened single nearside seat/bed, it makes a more than adequate double bed if you are happy to sleep across the van. I have taken the 3 cushions out and stored them in my loft.   It will give you a lot more storage space with them out the way!    Enjoy your new camper van wave

Ian

Last edited by Taurian on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Taurian
Taurian

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by tania wilkie Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks everyone for your advice - at least now I know what to do with them!!  Think I may leave them at home.   Away for her maiden voyage this weekend...............
tania wilkie
tania wilkie

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurian Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:34 am

Ditto!!
Taurian
Taurian

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by busby65 Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:22 am

I only have one oblong cushion in my 2002 Symbol which fills the gap behind the drivers seat (when slid fully forward) and the o/s settee to make up one of the single beds. It travels jammed between o/s high shelf and the roof and never moves whilst travelling. To make up n/s single i keep passenger seat facing rearwards and place a wedge shaped cushion on slid out rear seat just to level it. My van has had passenger seat lowered so the difference in height is only about 2 ins,We both sleep very well. BUSBY65.
busby65
busby65
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

bed layout on 1999 peugeot boxer symbol Empty Bed Layout in Boxer Symbol

Post by Basels Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi All - We prefer to have two separate beds as I am 6ft tall and cannot stretch out comfortably across the van. My solution is this:-
Push passenger seat right forward against the bulkhead. Roll out the rear seat flat to make the bed. Force the small cushion down between the back of the front seat and the end of the bed and make sure it is pushed hard against the side of the van.
 I can now stretch my toes in the gap between the seat and the side of the van - bliss! 
Foot temperature can depend on how far the side window is open.
Try it.
Bye - Basil
Basels
Basels

Male

Member Age : 89
Vehicle Year : Peugeot

Back to top Go down