The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol

2 posters

Go down

Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol Empty Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol

Post by matchlessman Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:04 pm

I want to get a towbar fitted as soon as I can, so I can pull my motorbike trailer.

When I had one fitted to my Hymer it was difficult to find anybody to do it, I ended up in the Potteries using Tow-It-All, who did a great job manufacturing a purpose built item, plated for the weight limits etc. (Cost a fortune though as wife took the opportunity to shop for crockery....)

I assume with a nearly new Symbol it will just be a Van towbar which should be easy to source. Any recommendations?
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol Empty Towbar for Symbol

Post by Lancslad Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:51 pm

If you are still looking for a tow bar fitter I can recommend East Midland Towbars. Contact is Alan on 07791 366893. He fitted a Witter Towbar to our 2011 Symbol on our drive and he is a motorhomer as well!
Lancslad
Lancslad

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol Empty Re: Fitting a Towbar to Auto-Sleeper Symbol

Post by matchlessman Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks.

Just rang the number and got the message 'east midlands towbars has closed due to the retirement of the owner'.

Just a bit too late I guess.

I believe its just a standard Boxer towbar so lots should be able to fit it, its just good to have a recomendation.
matchlessman
matchlessman

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex owner - Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down