The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper

4 posters

Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper Empty VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper

Post by matty34 Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 am

hi all thinking of selling the t4 and splitty to purchase a 2nd hand t5 trooper,are they any good ? is the new interior as good as old? my questions are t4 or t5 need a newer one no matter what smile! cheers matt
matty34
matty34

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper Empty Re: VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Matt
T5 VW part is top notch up! . Drive is superb. drinksallround Get the 2.5TDI 130BHP if you can. MPG expect around 37-40, more if you are not heavy on the right foor. A/S Trooper conversion is modern on the T5 and very plush, but interior quality is not as good as the slighly old fashioned T4. Rear seats are more upright in the T5 compared to T4.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by matty34 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

cheers ive got a t4 a/s,just liked the new look of t5 interior just wondered if its as useable as t4 and robust as mine as 3 kids! just wondering to get late t4 or early t5 smile! cheers matt
matty34
matty34

Male

Back to top Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper Empty VW T5

Post by murph Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:29 pm

My son recently bought a T5 from a small converter in Shoropshire who told us when we went to collect it that it was a 1.9 but it had been remapped Mrs M drove it back to Liverpool acompanied by my son and found it quite powerful enough. I followed behind in our van and found I had to drive more aggressively than usual to keep up with them.

Brian2

murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Matt
No sure what your £s are but this one (which I feel is already sold), is a limited edition model, with factory fit extras like fogs, reversing sensors, trip computer, cruise and chrome kit. They only made about 20 of each Trident, Topaz and Tropper models just before they changed to the T5.5. gimmefive This is about the max price for a trooper on a T5. Expect to pay £23K ish for the equvalent low miles, good condition T4 Tropper LE, (last model on a T4.)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck with your search.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by matty34 Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:42 pm

got max of £25,000 as will be selling my beloved splitscreen so_sad and t4 a/s as well, weve out grown the spliitty and want a newer one than the t4,to go abroad with our 3 chidren champagne ive seen some early t5 for £23,000 on ebay so keep your eyes out for me good2
matty34
matty34

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Matt
All early T5s had leaky side windows. Make sure any van you look at has been retrofitted with the replacement design, (most were done under warranty by VW). Look for signs of water stains down sliding door panel.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I too have been tempted by a T5 now that the price is below £25k for a 2nd hand Trident.

I had a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & it seems there have been mechanical problems with the T5. Maybe the T4 is more reliable and there are less electrics to go wrong for a long term keeper.

spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Spook69

In my view any new design vehicle will have problems, despite the manufacturers trying to sort things out before production. I have a theory that you should wait at least 2 years until all the teething problems have been sorted by design changes. This I feel is true of motohome conversions too. The downside is that you have to wait to buy Whistle1 or be aware of the issues when buying second hand.

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

VW T5 Autosleeper Trooper Empty Looking for a Trooper

Post by northender Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi Matty,
I don't know whether you'd be interested in a late model T4 AS Trooper? Ours is a Sept 2003 2.5TDI LE. It is in really good condition and has been well looked after. We love it and the only reason we're changing (to a 2004 T4 Topaz, same colour, upholstery & furniture) is because I'd like a full bathroom for festivals & wild camping. Take a look at our ad on the For Sale section. We priced it according to the dealer's suggestion for a private sale, but are prepared to be flexible. Personally we prefer the T4 conversions, finding the T5s a bit plasticky, but see what you think. Barbara.
northender
northender

Female

Member Age : 68

Back to top Go down