The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

autosleeper trooper rear speakers

2 posters

Go down

autosleeper trooper rear speakers Empty autosleeper trooper rear speakers

Post by bri Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:58 pm

hi everyone!
Does anybody know where the rear speaker wiring is situated on this model? The wiring loom is all there at the radio end but i want to install rear speakers and would prefer not to strip out panels unnecessarily!! Any help would be gratefully received....
Best wishes.....Bri.
bri
bri

Auto-Sleeper Model : trooper

Back to top Go down

autosleeper trooper rear speakers Empty Re: autosleeper trooper rear speakers

Post by Guest Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Bri
Sorry to tell you but A/S did not fit rear speakers as standard to the trooper. There are 4 speakers in the front, 2 in dash and 2 in the doors. If you want to fit rear speakers you will have to run your own cables, unless a previous owners has put some cabling in, but this should be obvious as you will be able to see the speakers or the cuts out from where they were. You can upgrade the existing speaker set with custom fit items if that's any use?

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

autosleeper trooper rear speakers Empty t4 rear speakers

Post by bri Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Many thanks for such a prompt reply.....my van has only 2 speakers! one each side of the dash.no speakers fitted to the front doors but all looks standard to me
.....the van is fitted with the standard loom with 4 speakers at the radio end! maybe the wiring is behind the front door panels ready for installation? Maybe i will upgrade the existing speakers to give a better sound....any preferences?? Thanks again for your help....Bri.
bri
bri

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:05 am

My own experience from having one with rear speakers and several without - it's a mod really worth doing. The fact that you can then buy yourself a £100 CD/radio with remote control and lie in bed in the early morning and tune in to the news without it blaring out of the cab speakers is really worth it!

Just beware the Sony head units with their ridiculous "facia in place warning", which puts out a repeated loud "plink-plunk" from the speakers if you turn off the ignition with the removable facia in place. This is extremely annoying if you pitch after dark, and one reason why I would never choose a Sony head unit - it's a feature that ~cannot~ be disabled.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Bri
These [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

should fit in the door, and are designed to go into the door pockets on the T4. I'm wondering from your early comments if you don't have door pockets fitted to the front doors? If not it would be worth fiting them.
You can upgrade the 4 inch dash speakers with a number of 4 inch sppaekers but in my experience it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Rear spaekers are best fitted into the ceiling. This would mean runing cables up from the cab around the A/S plastic mouldings in the cab and into the roof. If you remove the light unit fited in the ceiling then you can see what's going on up there.

John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Is there enough clearance inside/under the pop-top ceiling to fit speakers?

It's a while since I owned one, but I don't recall mine having any depth to it to fit anything inside, and nothing can protrude far below, as that's where the side panels are when the roof is down!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Good point mojo agree3 , I was thinking of the Trident / Topaz models. Not owned a trooper.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Just had a look at a 1999 Trooper on a website. Its a bit limited for rear speakers fitment. A possibility could be the pelmets over the units, using shallow dept 3.5 / 4 inch speakers, but this would need measuring. Personally I think I would fit the door speakers and forget the rear.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:07 pm

hoopman wrote:A possibility could be the pelmets over the units, using shallow dept 3.5 / 4 inch speakers, but this would need measuring.

I've seen this done with "pods" that protrude a bit to give more space and it actually looked Ok, but I can't remember exactly what model it was done on. Another option might be in the rear door panel - especially if it has a tailgate with wiper, as it will already have wiring to it. Or did Troopers come with twin rear doors? Can't remember...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Back to top Go down

autosleeper trooper rear speakers Empty re autosleeper rear speakers

Post by bri Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi guys! Thanks for all your inputs....Yes there does'nt appear to be much room at the rear roof area for any reasonable size speakers. I do have front door pockets fitted and will probably fit speakers in them. I want to keep the van looking as original as i can . thanks again for all your help.
All best wishes......bri.
bri
bri

Back to top Go down