The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper

3 posters

Go down

Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper Empty Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper

Post by Kevbod Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, I have an 06 Autosleeper Trooper and plan a tour for quite a number of weeks , 4 to 6, in Europe.

Luckily I spoke to a sailing mate who warned me that i cant get the red bottles anywhere in europe which will be a disaster for that length of time as i am sure I will get through the 2 bottles in that time span.

I have a blue Camping Gaz bottle from a camping stove and bought an adaptor and new hose and planned to use that in Europe and just use the spare Red Calor bottle as back up till i could get and buy a new blue. That plan was scuppered when someone told me the Red is Propane and the Blue is Butane and they are different regulators - doh!

I have seen these expensive Yellow bottle conversions that you can fill up at service stations but I dont really want to go that far. Any suggestions for a solution please?

Kevin Boddrell
Kevbod
Kevbod

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper Empty Re: Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper

Post by nimbus Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Newer regulators are suitable for both butane and propane. Have a look at your regulator and if it's 30mb you'll be able to use Camping Gaz. You will, of course, need a Camping Gaz regulator that attaches to the top of the cylinder.

We did the same a few years ago when we went to France for a month and only used one Camping Gaz cylinder and never attached the Calor cylinder. In the summer you'll only use gas for cooking so you won't need a lot.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper Empty Re: Gas Conversions autosleeper Trooper

Post by breakaleg Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Those expensive yellow bottles (gas lows) will pay for them selves very quickly (depending on your gas usage) the cost of gas at the pumps is roughly half the price of calor and even cheaper than campingaz.
Plus, no more heaving and connecting bottles, once they are fitted, you just fill them up
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down