The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shurflo pump

+8
FreelanderUK
Dbvwt
Fred
tbird649
Kdc
AutoSleepy_Don
Paulmold
rgermain
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shurflo pump - Page 2 Empty Re: Shurflo pump

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:04 pm

Thanks Glyne , I read the post a couple of times to check but I also remember a post been made about Halfords having them on offer and thought he had bought 2 , thanks

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

glyne lock likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:51 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:Rgermain did you take it back to Halfords for a replacement?
No. I found out what I did not know that it has a thermal cut out built in. I had it mounted very close to the Truma heat unit, not much space on our Warwick Duo. I have now moved it to the Leisure Battery area. It failed in South of France where it was very hot outside. The old one works fine now back home, pumps water from my water butt and is now the spare. Extra 1m of 13mm pipe work makes no difference to pump output. But I was so glad I had a spare at the time, so was my wife smile! 

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:54 pm

glyne lock wrote:Chris 
The pump he fitted to replace the pump that stopped working was a spare he had got from Halfords
The pump that was already fitted he had for a long time before he fitted it and could be some of the reason to it having problems
Heat problem, all sorted now, runs so quite, could do with a light to show when it is running. up!

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoonvet Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:02 pm

rgermain wrote:I think 20 psi is about the safe limit to avoid any mishaps. But you seem to have reduced the pressure, so hope it is good.
First issue - the new pump really keeps the hot water tank under pressure which my old one never did. Pump was kicking in occasionally when taps were off - suspected a leak and found the drain plug was leaking - took it out and a mate immediately said - where is the 0 ring?? New 0 ring and problem solved! Will have to watch for leaks! When the pump is off the hot water tap will flow for a fair bit - so the tank pressure must be fairly high - this is normal? Was never an issue with the old pump - it must have been failing over time as it was taking longer to prime. Instant water now and with the 0 ring - all good. 2 ordered from eBay for £2 so i can give my mate his back!
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:31 am

Spoonvet wrote:
First issue - the new pump really keeps the hot water tank under pressure which my old one never did. Pump was kicking in occasionally when taps were off - suspected a leak and found the drain plug was leaking - took it out and a mate immediately said - where is the 0 ring?? New 0 ring and problem solved! Will have to watch for leaks! When the pump is off the hot water tap will flow for a fair bit - so the tank pressure must be fairly high - this is normal? Was never an issue with the old pump - it must have been failing over time as it was taking longer to prime. Instant water now and with the 0 ring - all good. 2 ordered from eBay for £2 so i can give my mate his back!
I do find that when the pump is switched off, you do get water flow from both hot and cold taps, just enough for a quick rinse of the hands. Pump will run for a few seconds to re prime once turned back on.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Spoonvet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2