The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairford Plus Pedestal Table

3 posters

Go down

Fairford Plus Pedestal Table Empty Fairford Plus Pedestal Table

Post by doodlebus Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:07 am

Hi

Loving our Fairford Plus but have a few niggles, one is the spring loaded pedestal dining table 

Am I being daft or is it almost impossible to get it to latch into the lowest position, pressing the foot lever to release the catch, push down on the table top against a far too strong resistance spring only to find it will not latch in the lower position

Is it just my table (or me) ?

Anyone else having similar issues 

Dave
doodlebus
doodlebus

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford Plus
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Fairford Plus Pedestal Table Empty Re: Fairford Plus Pedestal Table

Post by doodlebus Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:58 pm

Turns out that the telescopic pedestal is box section steel with a gas strut providing the “assist”, there are linear roller bearings that have fallen out from between the two sliding box sections making it jam - Dicksons of Perth helped out and hopefully will repair under warranty 

Is there anyone else with a similar issue, the way it’s cobbled together does look a bit “heath Robinson” - I’d prefer the standard leg or a simple tube type pedestal
doodlebus
doodlebus

Female

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:06 pm

I think it's only the Fairford that utilises that sort of table to make up a bed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Epicurus Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:17 pm

doodlebus wrote:Turns out that the telescopic pedestal is box section steel with a gas strut providing the “assist”, there are linear roller bearings that have fallen out from between the two sliding box sections making it jam - Dicksons of Perth helped out and hopefully will repair under warranty 

Is there anyone else with a similar issue, the way it’s cobbled together does look a bit “heath Robinson” - I’d prefer the standard leg or a simple tube type pedestal

I haven't had that problem yet but share your dislike of the telescopic table leg.  It feels like meddling for meddling's sake.  The folding leg in the standard Fairford is not only simpler to use but gives a more stable base to the table.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down