The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I use the off side single bed ?

+4
johnFram22
Tinwheeler
Bilbobaggins
Bill
8 posters

Go down

Can I use the off side single bed ? Empty Can I use the off side single bed ?

Post by Bill Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:07 pm

I motorhome alone in my 2017 Symbol but was wondering if it is possible to use the off side (drivers side) single bed if you are 6 feet tall ?   Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Can I use the off side single bed ? Empty Re: Can I use the off side single bed ?

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:23 pm

AS website says offside bed is 5ft 8in, while nearside is 6ft 4in, suppose it depends how you lie when sleeping, might be worth giving it a go

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Can I use the off side single bed ? Empty Re: Can I use the off side single bed ?

Post by Bill Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Bilbobaggins wrote:AS website says offside bed is 5ft 8in, while nearside is 6ft 4in, suppose it depends how you lie when sleeping, might be worth giving it a go
Unfortunately it's too short !  I have never turned the drivers seat around and wondered if that could be used ?

Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:15 pm

Try it and see. Spin the driver's seat and see if you can use it for putting your feet on. It’s what happens with the Stanton coachbuilt.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can I use the off side single bed ? Empty Single bed offside

Post by johnFram22 Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:19 pm

Hi we have a Symbol 2019 and have used the driver's side bed when we didn't make up the double. Just push the drivers seat as far forward as possible and angle the seat back up as far as it will go towards the windscreen, and put the work surface flap up. I am 5ft 9inch and can just do it. My wife is 6 ft and only uses it as a day bed for a snooze, otherwise she uses the nearside bed which is plenty long enough but narrower, or we make up the double. Hope that helps.
johnFram22
johnFram22

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Angleseygirl Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:56 pm

We had a Symbol and hubby is 6ft 4” - we mostly made up the double but he did use the offside single a few times, he definitely wouldn’t fit the drivers side.
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave/Pat Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:08 pm

you could if on your own .pull out the double base just leave enough space to slip out to the loo pull accross the seat base and drop down the back rest from the sofa you then just need some thing for you feet in the gap between the frount seats .       or use the double just as a single cross ways feet under the wardrobe.
Dave/Pat
Dave/Pat

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Baggiecamper Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:47 pm

Dave/Pat wrote:you could if on your own .pull out the double base just leave enough space to slip out to the loo pull accross the seat base and drop down the back rest from the sofa you then just need some thing for you feet in the gap between the frount seats .       or use the double just as a single cross ways feet under the wardrobe.
This is similar to what I always do.
I made a light weight "shelf" that rests  on the edge of the front seat base at the same height as the frame of the bed base.
There is a small ledge on the seat bases at just the right height with my seat bases. The other end of the shelf sits on the bed base front edge when pulled out.
I leave the seat/mattress in its correct position.The back rest cushion positioned on the bed base area that has been pulled out can then be slid forward between the seats on the shelf for your feet to go on.
I have loops of stretch flat elastic that go around the back cushion and the seat/mattress to keep the back cushion in place.
I leave these wrapped round but they could be removed if each one has a clip and a loop on the ends.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:05 pm

Bill, you asked this question nearly a year ago. I still haven’t got round to trying out my modification idea but on it’s my list of jobs when the weather warms up.
I will report back if successful.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down