The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flashing Sargent Ec700 display

4 posters

Go down

Flashing Sargent Ec700 display Empty Flashing Sargent Ec700 display

Post by Melaniewymer Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:40 pm

Just thought I’d share our story here in case in helps anyone else.  

Went to turn on the Sargent display to find it would only flash. Nothing on the display could be selected. We plugged in to electrics, just in case (though battery was fine last week) and we rebooted the control unit but still the same.  We phoned Sargent to be told to turn it off for 10 mins and try again. Failing this, we would have to go to dealership for a new ECU. 

We left it for about 20 mins and then turned the unit back on. Nothing changed. We read a post on this forum re a blown fuse. We checked the main two fuses. They were fine. 

We turned on again, after leaving for a bit longer… the various interior lights flashed a bit, various pump noises were heard, the screen came back on but the flashing random lights and pump noises were rather disturbing so I turned it off again!!!

Left it a bit longer… then for good measure we took each fuse out in turn and put them back in….

For some reason all worked fine!  No idea what actually solved the problem - could have been being left on charge for a few hours over this time, or could have been a poor contact in a fuse. Whatever, what a relief.  Glad we persevered - saved us a long drive to Autosleepers!

Moral of the story - don’t always belief what support tell you!
Melaniewymer
Melaniewymer

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Flashing Sargent Ec700 display Empty Re: Flashing Sargent Ec700 display

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Welcome to the forum, please introduce yourself here.     https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/f36-asof-welcome-section-new-members-please-introduce-yourself-here

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Melaniewymer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reposted because Freelander's link refuses to work shrugg
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Melaniewymer and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:07 pm

I would not have posted otherwise but seeing you mentioned fuses, during the bother that we had with our EC700 I had a 20amp fuse blow, I have no idea why. I replaced the fuse and it didn't blow again.

Within a few weeks of us owning our Kemerton XL the EC700 started giving us a lot of bother that eventually necessitated us having 2 LCD panels replaced. I expect though that in your van the problems that we encountered would have been sorted. Some people who bought A-S motorhomes in 2020 had problems with their EC700 too. Even today I'm not certain what were the issues, poor soldering was mentioned along with bugs in the software.

Being a bit wary of Sargent's EC700 and their software I wonder if you should check what version of softwares are running on your EC700 system. A call to the dealer and perhaps Sargent in Beverly might indicate if you need a software update. Did Sargent mention software versions when you phoned?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Melaniewymer Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:30 pm

@relaxez-Vous thank for the heads up re software update.  Is this something I can do “over the air” or do I have to go back to Autosleepers for this?  The Sargent support person didn’t mention an update.  

Having read about the 20amp fuse issue quite a few times, I checked our fuse - it a 25amp fuse which I guess is helpful at least.  Glad you got your issues resolved.
Melaniewymer
Melaniewymer

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down