The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCD display on boxer dash help

4 posters

Go down

LCD display on boxer dash help Empty LCD display on boxer dash help

Post by Lorfal Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:01 pm

Sorry but this is a bit long winded. In short though …. The lcd display on the van dash is not working. I am unsure of exact timing but it’s not been working for months. I’ve had it checked for damp…water ingress etc but all is looking fine. I am able to drive it as there isn’t anything on the screen of necessity…..other than the mileage, which unless it’s seen….will flag a discrepancy at next MOT.

I’m assured the mileage will still be recording, just not visible. I’ve been told this is not unknown to happen in both the boxer and ducato. Replacing it is a major headache.

It’s currently in local garage….who are very good and knowledgable. It’s been removed and sent to a company in England somewhere who can remove and replace the screen and send it back to garage for refit.
 Today it’s been sent back not fixed as the screen is no longer available! 

Garage is trying to source a fix elsewhere. Peugeot have quoted me £1500 to replace it.

Has anyone else experienced this ? If so any advice? 

It’s just really another thing gone wrong with the van since purchase, sometimes it feels like it’s been a pig in a poke …..but I shan’t rant! 

I did phone Peugeot a few months ago, even though it’s well out of warranty…..to say that surely less than 30000 miles this really shouldn’t have happened?

Thanks for any guidance….and for listening.

Lorraine
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

LCD display on boxer dash help Empty Re: LCD display on boxer dash help

Post by rgermain Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:08 pm

Do you know if they sent it to Cartronix in Waterlooville Hants 02392 265986, I have not needed them, but have read on here they are the guys to fix it. They say on website it is £150.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:16 pm

I used Cartronix several years ago. They gave a lifetime guarantee which was as well because the repair did not last so I had to send it back again. The warranty covered the repair but not the postage in either direction so it cost me another £25 but this time it has lasted. My problem was phantom half lit warning lights

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:57 pm

Thankyou, I will speak to garage in the morning. The screen is totally gone, not a snifter of anything on it.

Lorraine
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Lorraine, sorry to hear you have another issue with your van. Hopefully the suggestion from Richard with bear fruit. As to the lack of spares, I was reading at the weekend that some owners with vehicles only three years old are being told that replacement parts cannot be sourced leaving them undrivable. All the usual excuses, sorry, reasons are being trotted out. Good luck.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:13 pm

A wee update , I passed info on about cartronix to mechanic this morning but he said he was already on it just waiting on them opening. I perhaps was rather early this am texting him!

Cartronix are going to deal with it . It’s a relief ! 

Once again you lovely forum folk have been soooooo helpful. You really are my go to and lately I’ve been going a lot 😂
The guy next door to mechanic workshop is dealing with the new fridge that I need now….he’s also removing the exploded microwave that I can’t get out.

Thankyou

Lorraine
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:19 pm

Lorfal wrote:A wee update , I passed info on about cartronix to mechanic this morning but he said he was already on it just waiting on them opening. I perhaps was rather early this am texting him!

Cartronix are going to deal with it . It’s a relief ! 

Once again you lovely forum folk have been soooooo helpful. You really are my go to and lately I’ve been going a lot 😂
The guy next door to mechanic workshop is dealing with the new fridge that I need now….he’s also removing the exploded microwave that I can’t get out.

Thankyou

Lorraine
Fingers crossed they can repair your dash.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:53 am

All fixed! Thanks to you all! Cartronix have replaced the screen. Don’t have van back yet though, new fridge going in next week.

Thanks yet again

Lorraine
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Bilbobaggins and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down