The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flashing Light

5 posters

Go down

Flashing Light Empty Flashing Light

Post by juliejads Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:18 am

Hi, I noticed yesterday when we driving that a light was flashing on the control panel in the indicator section that only normally tells you how much Water or battery life etc but the middle light in the indicator section was flashing when we had the engine on!! does anybody know why this might be please,? cannot see anything in the book about it!
juliejads
juliejads

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Flashing Light Empty Re: Flashing Light

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

I think it shows that your leisure battery is being charged whilst engine running. Maybe you just hadn't noticed it before. I'm guessing a bit though as I don't know what control panel you have.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by juliejads Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:55 am

Paulmold wrote:I think it shows that your leisure battery is being charged whilst engine running. Maybe you just hadn't noticed it before. I'm guessing a bit though as I don't know what control panel you have.
thank you, we have a Sargent EC51 Control Panel - could well be we haven't noticed it, always worrying when you've had a vehicle for a while and suddenly see something new  think_smiley_46
juliejads
juliejads

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Same panel as mine. I've never seen it flash as it's behind me when driving but it is this panel that I read about the charging.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by juliejads Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Paulmold wrote:Same panel as mine. I've never seen it flash as it's behind me when driving but it is this panel that I read about the charging.
Sounds like that could be it then, it is behind me but i just caught a glimpse of it in the reversing camera - I have emailed Sargent about it as well so if they reply i will let you know for sure  smile!
juliejads
juliejads

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Section 4.3 of the EC51 user instructions "system disable" says led for bateryies will flash when engine running to show hab battery is being charged.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by juliejads Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:53 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Section 4.3 of the EC51 user instructions "system disable" says led for bateryies will flash when engine running to show hab battery is being charged.
Thank you
juliejads
juliejads

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:16 pm

I knew I'd read it somewhere.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:20 pm

To be exact:

"To meet EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) directive 89/336/EEC the EC50 series control panel will shutdown, and the electrical accessories within the vehicle will be disconnected while the vehicle is in motion. During this state the Leisure and Vehicle button LED’s will flash to indicate the engine is running and the leisure battery is being charged from the alternator. When the engine is stopped the control panel returns to standby mode ready to be turned on by the power button."

and if you would like to read all the instructions:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:21 pm

juliejads wrote:Hi, I noticed yesterday when we driving that a light was flashing on the control panel in the indicator section that only normally tells you how much Water or battery life etc but the middle light in the indicator section was flashing when we had the engine on!! does anybody know why this might be please,? cannot see anything in the book about it!
Don’t worry you are not alone. I had the same reaction when I first saw it flashing. I had stopped in traffic and for some reason turned round. After all flashing red lights obviously mean something is wrong doesn’t it!

confused3
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

juliejads likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by juliejads Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:23 pm

Bobskate wrote:
juliejads wrote:Hi, I noticed yesterday when we driving that a light was flashing on the control panel in the indicator section that only normally tells you how much Water or battery life etc but the middle light in the indicator section was flashing when we had the engine on!! does anybody know why this might be please,? cannot see anything in the book about it!
Don’t worry you are not alone. I had the same reaction when I first saw it flashing. I had stopped in traffic and for some reason turned round. After all flashing red lights obviously mean something is wrong doesn’t it!

confused3
I know its such a worry when you see things you haven't seen before especially when the vehicle has been stood down for so long with the lockdown situation!!
juliejads
juliejads

Female

Bobskate likes this post

Back to top Go down