The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat

4 posters

Go down

Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat Empty Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat

Post by purdyhorse Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:12 am

Firstly the question: why isn't the vehicle fitted with opening rear side opening windows? There must be a technical reason but I can't fathom what it might be.
Secondly the advice: on day one of our current trip the satnav worked perfectly. Next day when I turned it on I got a message 'Code Error please wait'. I duly waited (ages) and was eventually instructed 'Please restart the system'.
Sadly it didn't tell me how to so I just switched it off and back on which resulted in the return of the 'Code error please wait' which was less than helpful. Thoroughly frustrated, I switched it off. Some hours later I switched it on and it was working perfectly despite the vehicle not having been driven to a different location. I suppose my advice to anyone experiencing the code error message is to just turn the unit off for some hours and hope it sorts itself out but I would be interested in understanding the problem and knowing if there is better remedial action.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat Empty Re: Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:51 am

Sorry, can't help with the satnav.

AS PVCs are often converted from the minibus base vehicles where the windows are fixed bonded glass. They are more secure than opening windows.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat Empty Re: Warwick XL 2019 habitation side windows / Sat

Post by purdyhorse Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 am

Thank you. That sounds logical. When we collected it at handover some three years ago the dealer did offer another explanation but it got lost in the barrage of other information we were bombarded with.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Millie The Moocher Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:04 am

Re the sat nav, we had the same issue. Believe it or not, switching the lights on and off again worked for us.

This tread has other remedies that seem to work, accepting it’s for the Ducati but that’s basically the same vehicle the remedies shown might help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Millie The Moocher
Millie The Moocher

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:56 am

Thanks Millie, that’s really helpful. Some of the thread remedies are bizarre but if they fix the problem all well and good! It hasn’t happened to me again but at least I several methods to try if it does.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fixer Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:27 am

My work transit van sat nav occasionally fails to start properly. Relock and unlock before using the ignition sorts it out every time.
I believe it’s just a boot error like computers suffer from occasionally.
Fixer
Fixer

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks Fixer. That’s useful to know.Had no further problem....so far😋
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Fixer likes this post

Back to top Go down