The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Warwick XL

4 posters

Go down

2019 Warwick XL  Empty 2019 Warwick XL

Post by Hotracer600 Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 pm

I have a 8 week old Warwick XL, stuck in Anglesey with a failed Habitation Panel (blank), so no lights, water, heating, etc, luckily the fridge still works, the Truma is live but not working. Done all the usual things, switched Sargent off for 20 minutes, checked all fuses, checked battery voltages (ok), etc. - Nothing. Dealer could not help - 200 miles away. 
So, Monday I will be having “words” with AS about this, currently, Not fit for Purpose vehicle - Has anybody else had issues/failures of these panels? - understand they are common fit across the latest AS range. 

P.S. It is raining, blowing a gale with no lights (torch!), no heating, etc. Not good. Been up here for 6 nights, luckily this is my last night.
Hotracer600
Hotracer600

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Mercedes Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2019 Warwick XL  Empty Re: 2019 Warwick XL

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm

One member of the FB group has had 5 replacement panels so far , Sargent are blaming a Chinese made component but in the meantime he has posted this word of advice.....

For information, if you lose the Sargent Control Panel while away. Contact Sargent Service Centre on 01482-678981 and they can remotely switch on interior lights AND the water pump plus tv 12volt plug.

It may be a good idea to join the FB Warwick Duo and XL group where you will find Peter David Clayton and can read his story.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Similar experience here with the EC700 panel that I and others have reported elsewhere on here. Took delivery of our Kemerton XL in July and before we'd had a night await we had to visit Sargent for the software to be updated. A few weeks later a 12 amp fuse blew for no apparent reason, then the following week the EC700 went dead like yours. Fortunately the dealer had a spare panel and though two hour travelling away we got it fitted on the way to the recent Warner's Lincoln show.

Next week we're back to the dealers again because the bathroom tap has become loose.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:34 pm

I've said it before - it's all very well Sargent having great customer service , you don't need to have excellent customer service if you produce excellent products. AS reputation is being ruined by faulty components bought in from outside suppliers, not just Sargent but Thetford, Dometic, Whale, etc. Take a stand against these suppliers with punitive measures when they supply faulty items.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by D40DJH Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:39 pm

I had five panels on my ec480 panel on my 2016 kemerton xl. Marquis changed them under warranty.
Now I'm out of warranty I have improved the insulation behind the panel as I said all along it was condensation.
Not had a failure since!
It does not sound as if the new panel is any better.
D40DJH
D40DJH

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down