The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh

2 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh Empty Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh

Post by Wigley Woggled Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Our courtesy light by the sliding door close to floor level has stopped working. It has a rocker switch arrangement but despite trying it's 3 positions the light still doesn't work.
Assuming it might be a broken bulb I tried prising the light switch away from the wall with a screw driver but it's showing no signs of willingness to move and I'm loath to try forcing it.

Does anyone know how to take the switch out of its timber wall mounting as if to replace it's bulb ? It has a plastic surround frame encapsulating it's rocker switch /light.

Haven't yet checked to see if it's a fuse but I think it ought to be removable for bulb replacement.
Wigley Woggled
Wigley Woggled

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh Empty Re: Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh

Post by Paulmold Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Can you prise out the lens leaving the surround in place. I had a similar rocker on previous van that worked like that.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh Empty Re: Warwick Duo 2011 - sliding door courtesy ligh

Post by Wigley Woggled Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Paulmold wrote:Can you prise out the lens leaving the surround in place. I had a similar rocker on previous van that worked like that.

Ah yes I wondered that.  think_smiley_46 It can't be that difficult can it, I mean they must be made with that intent in mind.  tap_fingers I just wondered if anyone had actually tried successfully before I go breaking it. 
One can have that feeling of impending doom !!  Whistle1
Wigley Woggled
Wigley Woggled

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigley Woggled Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:01 pm

Success !!  up!
In case anyone wants to know  look here ..... Don't attempt to remove the surrounding frame.  tap_fingers

Place a broad flat headed (cheese head) screwdriver top and bottom and in the centre of the reflector rocker.
Gently lever the screwdriver handles outwards (head inwards) to compress and release two protrusions (top and bottom) from the outside frame. At this point the reflector starts to come away.
The sticking point is the roller catch on the right hand side (door side) as another shaped protrusion wraps behind the roller catch. Carefully jiggle it this way and that until it comes free. Suggest NOT to prize it away with a screwdriver as the protrusion might break off.

The reflector should then release and come clear allowing the bulb (10w) to be removed and replaced. Once the bulb is released the new bulb will light and stay lit until the reflector is replaced which serves as the on/off switch.

Replace the reflector by carefully compressing the two central protrusions and pushing in place while at the same time pressing the roller protrusion so it roles over the roller back in its place.

Test the rocker switches three positions, off, on and central on with fade out.   bow

Your welcome !!  handshake

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wigley Woggled
Wigley Woggled

Male

breakaleg and frederic like this post

Back to top Go down