The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL)

+6
rgermain
Kdc
Dbvwt
tony.humphrey
Camper-x
RogerThat
10 posters

Go down

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL) Empty Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:32 am

Mentioned in another post, our kemerton had the "annoying rattle", took side panel off & found all screws holding remus blind either loose or missing, re-tightening didn't fully cure so removed again & inserted foam pipe insulation for 15mm pipe all round frame before replacing panel. Foam can be distorted / squashed into void, no rattles since.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL) Empty Re: Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL)

Post by RogerThat Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Don't suppose you took a photo along the way did you?
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL) Empty Re: Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL)

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Sorry no, but it is straightforward, once you have taken panel off you will see a "gulley" between the remus blind frame & the door framework, cut foam to length & squeeze into gulley, I split a second length of foam longways to get a snugger fit between door rail & blind frame at the bottom.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:56 pm

Just did ours. Check the 10 screws are tight before you bother removing them. Ours were loose. Had a look under and all was well. Refitted and tightened screws and rattle diminished. As others have said, the screws are different lengths so look at the side profile and note it’s wedge shaped.
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL) Empty Kemerton XL blind rattle

Post by tony.humphrey Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Just bought our Kemerton XL, which is just one year old and covered 2500 miles.Window blind cassette was insufferably noisy on the sliding door.
Removed panel. Found that brackets fitted at the factory were insufficient to hold the cassette properly. Fixed four small brackets and also inserted 15mm pipe insulation to one side and job done. Be careful if you fit pipe insulation to both sides as it may pinch the cassette and the blind may not operate freely.
Just cannot understand why the job is not done properly at the factory. i emailed Autosleeper, but no reply, of course.
tony.humphrey
tony.humphrey

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemmerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:27 pm

“Just cannot understand why the job is not done properly at the factory.”

Welcome Tony.
The majority of us love our vans but that question has baffled many on here for some time regarding different issues!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Dbvwt wrote:“Just cannot understand why the job is not done properly at the factory.”

Welcome Tony.
The majority of us love our vans but that question has baffled many on here for some time regarding different issues!
Ditto that.....
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:09 pm

Has anyone tried to cure the rattle on a Duo, looks like the whole door needs to come off to get to remove the trim screws. I guess the door is rather heavy.

Or do I just live with the rattles, as they are not the only ones.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Think of rattles as an audio onion. Every time you peel away a layer of sound by curing one rattle, you uncover another layer underneath with rattles the earlier rattles masked shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Re sliding door rattle (Kemerton XL) Empty Warwick Duo sliding door removal or not?

Post by MarkR Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:17 pm

rgermain wrote:Has anyone tried to cure the rattle on a Duo, looks like the whole door needs to come off to get to remove the trim screws. I guess the door is rather heavy.

----------
Richard
Has any anybody done this? We have a Warwick Duo and the blind cassette in the sliding door moves visibly, so I assume the screws and very loose or even missing. Given we have already had the interior door handle fall off I and concerned the blind cassette might do the same thing.

The problem is the bathroom compartment makes it impossible to take the interior trim panels off. I am assuming the door will have to come off to get these panels off to gain access to the blind cassette. Not having any great facility to do this,  and certainly not undercover I am trying to asses if this is a DIY job or not. I would have to take it off and get it back on within the same day as there is no way to secure the van.

Be grateful if anybody has done this can can offer any advice here.

Thanks
Mark
MarkR
MarkR

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:15 pm

MarkR wrote:
rgermain wrote:Has anyone tried to cure the rattle on a Duo, looks like the whole door needs to come off to get to remove the trim screws. I guess the door is rather heavy.

----------
Richard
Has any anybody done this? We have a Warwick Duo and the blind cassette in the sliding door moves visibly, so I assume the screws and very loose or even missing. Given we have already had the interior door handle fall off I and concerned the blind cassette might do the same thing.

The problem is the bathroom compartment makes it impossible to take the interior trim panels off. I am assuming the door will have to come off to get these panels off to gain access to the blind cassette. Not having any great facility to do this,  and certainly not undercover I am trying to asses if this is a DIY job or not. I would have to take it off and get it back on within the same day as there is no way to secure the van.

Be grateful if anybody has done this can can offer any advice here.

Thanks
Mark
Still waiting to fix mine, same as your cassette, seems very loose. scratch head
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyB Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Had same problem rattle on my WXL ,every bracket and screw holding the blind unit was loose. When refitting I ran a drop of glue down each screw thread as I suspect they vibrate loose 
when travelling.Noise much reduced now.
Regards TonyB.
TonyB
TonyB

Male

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Plucked up courage to remove window surround as described above. Quite easy as two person job for final screws.

Six brackets for blind. Rearmost two both with missing screws so blind cassette free to rattle about. Fairly easy fix with new screws and all others tightened, much improved sound quality.

Well happy with this mod.

Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Has anybody used rivets to hold the brackets secure

Male

Back to top Go down