The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wing mirror replacement-next project

5 posters

Go down

Wing mirror replacement-next project Empty Wing mirror replacement-next project

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:27 pm

No 2 daughter currently on Sky with our WXL for a few days, sent me attached photo yesterday after white van man came too close in Glencoe. shrugg 

I have ordered replacement complete mirror from Wingmirrorman.co.uk. Hope to replace damaged one early next week when I get van back. Next step will be to buy and fit mirror protectors   smile!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror replacement-next project Empty Re: Wing mirror replacement-next project

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Original mirror guards have saved our wing mirrors a few times BB, especially when we had the Nuevo and Sigma ( long mirror arms)
The lasted ones seem to be much stronger than the white ones I had previously,secure them well as some member has had them stolen.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wing mirror replacement-next project Empty Re: Wing mirror replacement-next project

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:18 pm

From your picture, you might get away with just the replacement cover?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:22 pm

Thanks, did think about just replacing cover, bit bottom mirror also displaced and lens cracked. We have also been living with faulty ambient temperature sensor with average readings last week of 80c. Looking on YouTube replacing whole thing is easier than individual parts as ai would need to dismantle mirror to replace sensor.

Donator
Donator

Male

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:17 am

Quick update, following a couple of you tube videos, plus tip on this forum about taping a string to old wires before removal of damaged mirror to make feeding of new wires easy, it took about half an hour to replace the damaged mirror. Indicator, mirror electrics and temperature guage all working perfectly.

Replacement mirror is good quality with aluminium frame like original. Total cost £125 plus my time Vs £300 plus fitting at Peugeot dealer.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:49 am

Well done, BB.

Any chance of a link to the video which you found to be most helpful, please?  It would help others in future, after they've searched for and found this thread.

Thanks,

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:28 pm

This was most helpful 

Also had to remove blind, but that would vary with Moho spec.

As mentioned above tape string or similar to old wiring before removal. Connect to new wiring and pull back through..much easier than method shown in video

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:33 pm

Good outcome, so satisfying when you save yourself the cost of workshop labour-hours. Thanks for YouTube link.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilbobaggins Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:04 am

Dual circumstances of retiring and buying a motorhome have opened up new opportunities  for me to develop new skills, helped in no small measure by this forum and You Tube videos.

I am now time rich so if it takes all day to install a reversing camera when a professional could do it in anhour then that is not a problem. I can afford to pay the professionals and if I was still working I would probably use them for convenience. However there is a satisfaction from deciding something needs done to the Moho, exploring solutions and  methods to be used, sourcing components the seeing it all come together.

Still wary of tackling mechanics of van part of Moho, and major electrical or structural work. Don't think I would be change solar, install additional leisure battery etc.

Donator
Donator

Male

BobK and Kemerton-bath like this post

Back to top Go down