The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 Warwick XL Seargant panel

2 posters

Go down

2018 Warwick XL Seargant panel Empty 2018 Warwick XL Seargant panel

Post by Camper-x Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Got a couple of issues with the panel on this Seargent system

1. The temperature readings show as -29.7 (control unit screen upper LHS), 20.6 (control unit screen upper RHS), ambient temperature is about 13 today so neither are accurate
2. The blown air runs fine so guess that picks its ambient temperature up from a different sensor?
3. The waste and fresh water level indicators are wildly inaccurate 

Can't find anything on 1 so decided to try a hard reboot and popped the Seargent control unit off the van via the two fixing screws expecting to find a connection I could pull, but it seems hard wired - only one cable and not obviously attached by a plug. So I reset it at the 12v fuse panel beneath the off side rear bench for 20 mins. Made no difference. I'll try calling Searcgent tomorrow but thought I'd check here first. 

I've read much about 3 and tried a motorhome water system chemical flush which made no difference. The waste is definitely empty and the fresh is definitely full. Am edging towards dropping the tanks to inspect the sensor probes. Has anyone done that and if so how tricky was it?

I have some warranty remaining so will get it all checked out whenever Autosleepers reopen their service department. In the meantime it's self help!

Cheers everyone,
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

2018 Warwick XL Seargant panel Empty Re: 2018 Warwick XL Seargant panel

Post by Roopert Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:00 pm

Generally the reset procedure for a Sargent system requires that you remove all 12V power - which means removing the 12V fuses for both leisure and vehicle batteries. You may also find that the solar panel (if you have one) will still keep it running during daylight hours, depending on how that is connected, so you may need to either remove the fuse to that or cover the panel (or do it after dark!).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down