The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracker system 2018 Warwick xl

+2
Milvus
Mogzee
6 posters

Go down

Tracker system 2018 Warwick xl Empty Tracker system 2018 Warwick xl

Post by Mogzee Sun May 03, 2020 12:02 pm

Hello all , Can I ask what might seem and odd question ,How do you know if your tracker is working?
Mogzee
Mogzee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Tracker system 2018 Warwick xl Empty Re: Tracker system 2018 Warwick xl

Post by Milvus Sun May 03, 2020 12:20 pm

The 2018 AS brochure states that the Warwick XL has a “ Trackstar Leisure CAT6 Vehicle Tracker, with 1 year free subscription”. If you contact them, and give them the details of your XL, they will be able to advise you on its status past and present. Alternatively, if you have a 2017 model, it may have the Hal locate tracker system fitted. ? Again, if you contact Hal they should advice you on its status if fitted. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caught1once Tue May 05, 2020 10:46 pm

If the tracker is the (track star system) assuming that you have taken out and paid the tracker fee, you should have access to the website and therefore would be able to set the parameters in relation to items such as texts and emails in the event of a leisure /van battery failure.
If the system is live it can be tested by disconnecting the leisure battery, at which point you would be notified
Caught1once
Caught1once

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham pvc
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 am

The HAL Locate system also has a checking method. 

You send a text to the monitoring station and it will respond accordingly. I only ever send ‘DISARM’ or ‘ARM’ to them, so can’t for the life of me remember what the ‘check status’ text is.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgi Wed May 06, 2020 7:31 am

Also have the Hal system and if you txt "Locate" you get a reply with the location & battery status of the vehicle.
Corgi
Corgi

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed May 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Sargent rang me today to discuss an ongoing issue about my AS Monitor low voltage SMS/email alerts for my leisure and vehicle battery not working.  These alerts along with the alarm alert (if the alarm is fitted and correctly wired) and all the functionality of AS Monitor which also shows where your van is located is paid for through the 3 year SIM card that comes with the motorhome.  When the SIM expires after 3 years, you will be invited to pay £25 for it to be renewed each year.  The Tracker service is quite separate to this and is paid for through an annual subscription of £95 which I thought AS/Marquis paid for the first year. I have just discovered through today's phone call that my subscription wasn't paid by AS/Marquis which means I am not currently covered by the Tracker service!  I need to follow this up urgently through Marquis but as they are furloughed until some time in Jun that is going to be difficult.  The Tracker service has two elements.  If the leisure voltage drops or if your leisure battery is disconnected you will receive a phone call.  This is why you are supposed to ring the Tracker monitoring station to tell them if you are about to disconnect your leisure battery (this has nothing to do with the AS Monitor alert which you may or may not have set up).  The second more important part of the Tracker service is to alert you with a phone call if the motorhome moves without using the ignition key.  At that point the tracker team takeover and work through the police to recover your van.  Whilst this is happening the locate capability on AS Monitor is suspended.  

If anyone wants to know if their Tracker service is working, pull the 20A inline fuse on the leisure battery.  If you get a phone call, it's working.  If you don't get a phone call, it's not working.  If you set up your leisure batter alert on AS Monitor beforehand, you should also get an SMS/email alert.  If you don't as I didn't, you have a fault which you should report to Sargent.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Caught1once Thu May 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Yes I have the tracker system you are referring to, this was set up by the dealer on delivery from new, but the £95 subscription was an additional charge. This i have just renewed for the second year.
The system operates as per your description and it is possible to adjust the parameters relating to the feedback required from the leisure / vehicle batteries.
The vehicle location can be viewed at any time together with history

A few months ago the van was taken to the dealers for work to be carried out that required disconnection of the leisure battery, I had notified the tracker company but they failed to disarm the system resulting in both email and text informing me of a leisure battery failure.
Caught1once
Caught1once

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham pvc

Back to top Go down