The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+16
Sally
Paramedic
Beetee
FreelanderUK
steamdrivenandy
BobK
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Askit
IanH
Dave 418
groundhog
Peter Brown
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
Bilbobaggins
20 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 14 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Dave 418 Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:38 pm

Another lovely bright day here but the wind is definitely from the North and it was sure cold whilst out with muttly. 
The blackbirds were back at about five this morning. Strangely they suddenly stoped at half five. On my way to the bathroom I had a look to see if anything like a cat was about to scare them off. 
I normally struggle to go back to sleep but to my surprise I dozed off again until seven. I could here muttly snoring down stairs, we leave the doors open to let him mooch about.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:30 am

Another chilly Dawn, wind has eased,no snow or rain. Left it an hour later this morning and went out without my head touch to avoid getting dive bombed by the gulls.
Keep warm,have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:43 am

Really bright start here with light cloud but it's perishing, thermostat says 8°c but it feels much colder with the brisk north wind blowing. Should be shopping today but Hermes managed to tip-toe up to our door yesterday with a parcel we were waiting on and escape again without being caught shrugg Hopefully they will be back with it today.

They must knock the door with a feather Whistle1

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 am

Askit wrote:Really bright start here with light cloud but it's perishing, thermostat says 8°c but it feels much colder with the brisk north wind blowing. Should be shopping today but Hermes managed to tip-toe up to our door yesterday with a parcel we were waiting on and escape again without being caught shrugg  Hopefully they will be back with it today.

They must knock the door with a feather Whistle1
That sounds like typical Hermes! rolleyes 

A cool breeze and heavy showers this morning, not much of a day for getting out and about but may get some more work done on the van in between the rain. Jackdaws were really busy yesterday carrying twigs across to build a nest in one of our beech trees, amazing how much they can carry. Absolutely no interest from the littlies in the bird boxes, maybe next year. Goldfinch on the feeders yesterday which was great to see.
Have a great day everyone up!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:13 am

Again a chilly morning with that lazy wind that goes through you rather than round you. Breakfast done, muttly walked and then off to see Jessy the chiropodist. I think thats the days things to do for today so after lunch I might have some me time in the workshop so I will go and turn the heater up to make it nice and cosy in there. 
Muttly is settling in to a routine slowly. The short spells in the motorhome seem to be helping. He still spends time in his bed snoring or staring out at the garden. He is certainly chilled out compared to the last muttly.  walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:36 am

Wind chill must be around zero, refreshed the bird bath and small bird drinking bowl from ice cream earlier.
Had intended to do some pointing work on the boundary wall, TOO cold. Even Tag has given up running around the garden with his Kong ball.
Stay in warm.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:15 am

Dry cool overcast night, no wind as yet, could be rain in the air ?gulls  
Creating hell around the roofs tops.
Noisy Dawn chorus,blackies in greater numbers this morning, good walk out with Tag, a lot of rubbish about the streets.  shrugg
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:49 am

Dull and grey after overnight rain, think there's more to come today. Payoff is slightly higher temperatures until the next artic blast over the weekend. Local cat was spotted half way up a large tree in our neighbours garden, taking a chance with the thug magpies scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:39 am

What is wrong with people, you wouldn't drop rubbish in your own garden or kitchen so why do it outside, madness!

Quite a bright start here, 12 degrees so mild(ish), just off for a walk around the village, not far takes about an hour of brisk walking and mainly on tracks so no traffic or people!

Would like to start the painting but at the moment it is a little too risky, never know if there might be a shower around, that is my excuse anyway.

Have a great day allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:18 am

Overnight showers, mild with a light breeze, noisy Dawn chorus, lots of gulls up and harassing Tag and me this morning.
Still to cold and damp for white washing walls yet up here, temperatures are to drop again on this side of the country .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 am

Clear blue sky and bright sunshine but very cold and more to come for the next few days. Heading to the dentists to get a crown fixed, hopefully rolleyes

groundhog wrote:What is wrong with people, you wouldn't drop rubbish in your own garden or kitchen so why do it outside, madness!

I totally agree but every anti-litter campaign I can remember since the 60s has failed, usually after a small improvement. It doesn't seem to matter what age people are, and given the volume of rubbish dropped, it can't be blamed in a small minority. I have no idea what the answer is shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:43 am

Askit wrote:

I totally agree but every anti-litter campaign I can remember since the 60s has failed, usually after a small improvement. It doesn't seem to matter what age people are, and given the volume of rubbish dropped, it can't be blamed in a small minority. I have no idea what the answer is shrugg
Me neither, just don't understand it, some parts of the World it just doesn't happen and in others it is the norm. I spent some time in Brussels and the streets there were disgusting with litter and dog droppings, maybe different now of course.
Slight frost again last night and a bright start to the day, back from the weekly shop by 8am, very quiet out and about.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:08 am

Chilly dry night, minus one, bird bath frozen again   Noisy Dawn chorus, sun just appearing on the horizon, behind the wind farm,
MacD litter all over the road and paths around here this morning, filled up a shopping bag within 100 yards., Macds is 3 miles away.
Anyway have a nice day,I'm of at 9 for me second jab.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

babian and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:47 am

Well done on clearing up Boaby and hope the jab went well.
Not a bad morning here with some sunshine and partly blue skies, no wind which is good. Time to get on outside again, van is finished so now able to concentrate on getting the hypochlorite out and spraying all around the grounds, well the hard bits anyway! I know it is not popular to use chemicals but the alternative is at least a week of solid pressure washing which is not going to do the old back any good I am afraid. Easy answer is to get someone in but the last bloke was utterly useless, other people rarely seem to do a job as well as you would yourself.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 am

Sparkling sunny start here, great to look at out the window but all the cars around are covered in frost. It should clear quickly so might get a walk later. Well done Boaby, you should get on to MacDs and tell them to come and clean up the mess.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:42 am

Just come back from our 2nd jab, feel a wee bitty light heeded, (not unusual) , called in for a bacon and egg Macmuffin for breakfast and dumped the rubbish in one of there bins ( wee protest)
Heavy rain shower just came on, van looks nice and shiny Hog.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 am

Thanks Boaby
Lovely blue sky now just looked at the first area of paving to clean and loads of moss so pressure washer it is. Osteopath booked for a weeks time hugegrins
Third airplane from Paris to USA just flown overhead in last ten minutes, virus at 35000 feet
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 pm

A lovely bright but chilly day here. Now the wind has eased off it’s quite pleasant out. I spent a couple of hours this morning  putting this in the Rienza ready for Monday. 
After our day out on Friday it looked like murttly has left most of his winter jacket in there. No matter a quick dash round with the hoover shifted it. By the time we come back next Friday it will be even worse. Maybe I should give him a brushing before we go. We havnt tried that yet.sit
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:16 am

Really cold night with frozen sleet on car windscreens,wild fowl flying over heading north east ??.
Didn't fancy a long walk this morning. Quick mile and home.
Clear and dry, rain showers later I'm told.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 am

Another corking start with a clear blue sky, still cold but not so much frost on the cars today.  Next door neighbours were cleaning their BBQ yesterday so perhaps they know something I don't shrugg  The gardener wants to do some repotting outdoor plants today so I may well go out and watch her biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:58 am

Same thing here clear blue skies and a fresh morning. Not that I will notice under the protective pressure washing gear. 4 hours yesterday solid and hardly made a start... There is a lot to do🙄
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:38 am

Just had a heavy dump of snow. Melted within minutes, toooo cold for any outside painting, pointing or BBQ, we've had 4 BBQs so far during the brief nice days we've had.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:53 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Just had a heavy dump of snow. Melted within minutes, toooo cold for any outside painting, pointing or BBQ, we've had 4 BBQs so far during the brief nice days we've had.
Boaby
Anyone heading over onto this side of the coast bring extra clothing,  it's very cold, wet and muddy, just had a heavy hail stone shower. Should clear later.    up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:42 am

Not sure if it was the same lot as the ones you saw Boaby but we've just been overflown by hundreds of geese heading north. Bit more cloud in the sky but dry and bright so I'll take it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Probably warmer in the Artic Tony, wild fowl heading out over the coast earlier??
Beautiful blue sky the noo, but very cold in the wind
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next