The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaky windows

3 posters

Go down

Leaky windows Empty Leaky windows

Post by Ian1967 Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi everybody,

The recent inclement weather has made me very ware that I have a leak, or 2 to be precise!

Both the sliding side windows on my Dorset are letting in water, soaking all the trim underneath.

I have spent ages looking for drainage holes that might be blocked but no success. Has anyone had this happen or have any advice?
Thank you so much.

Ian
Ian1967
Ian1967

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Leaky windows Empty Re: Leaky windows

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi Ian
Welcome to the forum from Bridington,I'm sure you will get some help shortly.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Ian,

It’s a known issue on the side sliding windows on AS panel van conversions. There’s a small diameter drainage tube that ships water from a square hole in the lower sliding channel of the window and dumps it overboard, behind the lower edge of the fixed glass panel. When it runs clear there’s a tell-tale bead of water running down the lower body panel below the sliding windows.

We had the problem two years ago and were passing AS at Willersey so asked them to sort it, which they did there and then. It looked to be something they did routinely, and they directed a compressed air gun into the square drainage hole and gave it a few blasts. They then aimed a small volume of water into the hole and repeated the sequence until it started running freely out of the tube and down the side of the van.

Ours have just started to block again so I’ll be following the same procedure this weekend, albeit with a canned compressed air.  Another forum member wrote up his experience here, blowing air in both directions through the tube:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A few owners have reported that the tube could not be unblocked, and the problem was found to be incorrect window installation by Peugeot, in which the tube got compressed or otherwise sealed up by careless application of the window sealant.  Hopefully yours are blocked by nothing more than road dirt, which is easily solved.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian1967 Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:02 pm

HI Tim
Thanks for the advice. Worked a treat, I found that using a foot pump with the attachment for blowing up footballs works really well!!

The their side has some badly placed sealant thanks to a previous owner trying to do,ve the same problem. Will dig it out and try again.

Ian
Ian1967
Ian1967

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Pleased to hear it worked for you Ian.  Not so in my case today, I seem to be in the situation covered in the thread below, with water weeping from the drainage tube into the inside lower edge of the fixed glass panel.  This is the case for both sliding windows and is clearly a weakness in these vans, judging by the reports of others in this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So far, in over 2 years of owning our van it's only proved to be a problem in the most severe weather, i.e. horizontal storm-force rain, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it now I know more about what's happening.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down