The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

+15
gef
Kemerton-bath
Camper-x
Aldercow
Robnsand
merv
roli
babian
Sally
Kdc
RogerThat
Tinwheeler
IanH
FreelanderUK
Dorset Bob
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 3 Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Camper-x Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:01 am

Dbvwt wrote:Camper-x,

“Ours has a Truma bluetooth heater control unit that cannot be powered down so always draws a bit of current”

I’m pretty sure the iNet box (If that’s what you are referring to) will be the same as mine, the power lead is on a simple plug that can be disconnected in seconds.
Yes that’s the box. I’ll try chasing the cable. Thanks for mentioning. It disappears by the microwave. I located and pulled the fuse but it’s shared by the fridge!
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 3 Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Camper-x Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:06 am

Kemerton-bath wrote:
Camper-x wrote:
Kemerton-bath wrote:
You'll find advice on here for solving the sliding door blind rattle.  An easy job to do.

Tim
Oooh Tim you tempter! 

No luck ion a search for 'sliding door rattle'. Would you be kind enough to point me at a solution?
Have a look at the following post.  Assuming the rattling blind is caused by its loose fixings, this should get you sorted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tim
Thanks Tim. Access to the screws may require removal of kitchen or sliding door on the XL. I’ll check though!
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:11 am

IanH wrote:
rgermain wrote:
gef wrote:No up to max speed when possible and pump is original and has never been a problem in previous vans. First time on morrisions dorsal though
I don't question your MPG, but 37??
I have not recorded mine, but have seen the average on the dash at 29.
-----------
Richard
I have accurately, tank full to tank full, recorded on trip and main odometer on two different but identical engine Warwick Duos now, both give more or less exactly same MPG at 27.5. This done on every drop of fuel added during my ownership, not just one or two tankfuls.
I know others may get slightly more, but frankly refuse to believe mine could get 37!! It'd have to be on a trailer!
Always driven at between 2000 and absolute max 3000rpm, always in the gear for the speed limit, ie 3rd for 30 limit, 4th for 40 and so on, this has the engine running at 2000rpm, which is also more or less max torque rpm.
That's about spot on Ian.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:21 am

Camper-x wrote:
Robnsand wrote:Camper-x, interested by your review.  Could you give a bit more detail about what you mean when you say that the water pump was fickle to set up for hook up and battery.  Does this relate to the Whale water fill pump to tank or the on-board water pump to taps etc?  We have not noticed a problem with the later yet, and so far have little intention of using the former preferring a direct fill.  However as it may be something we have to look out for a bit more detail would help me, if you do not mind.  Thank you.  blush
Hi, The on board water pump to taps is sensitive to pressure and voltage and fickle to air in the system. There are posts on here about it - I kicked one off a few weeks back. Have tried all the advice but can't find the 'sweet spot' people mention.
Thank you Camper-x, really very helpful and very much appreciated.  Have found the earlier thread and read through and am now fully aware of the issue.  Have not noticed an issue to date with pump but have used entirely on EHU so far.  Being aware will help us keep on eye/ear on this potential issue, and we will look more closely at the manual and find the pump etc.
This forum is really helpful, thank you to everyone for all of the comments and advice, it is great to share.
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL Auto
Vehicle Year : 2020

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:36 am

Camper-x wrote:
Kemerton-bath wrote:
Camper-x wrote:
Oooh Tim you tempter! 

No luck ion a search for 'sliding door rattle'. Would you be kind enough to point me at a solution?
Have a look at the following post.  Assuming the rattling blind is caused by its loose fixings, this should get you sorted:

Tim
Thanks Tim. Access to the screws may require removal of kitchen or sliding door on the XL. I’ll check though!

Screws can be removed with out removing the door , open door and use a stubby pozi drive screw driver on the XL

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:41 am

Dorset Bob wrote:Thanks Paul for the heads-up. 

I’m realising now that the XL may be just above what I am prepared to pay as they are all 40k at 14 plate or newer.

Next obvious question is: what model preceded the XL?

Bob
There wasn't a model preceding the XL except the Duo. The XL is a stretched Warwick  at 6.3 metres instead of 5.99 metres. The original Warwick (dropped in 2010 in favour of the Duo) has same layout as Duo except short benches which meant only a double bed across the van. If you envisage adding the extra length to the benches then the rest of the layout remains the same. The Duo created the long benches by shortening the wardrobe and work surface of the kitchen. The XL swopped the kitchen and washroom to opposite sides creating separate shower and giving back the full length wardrobe.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 am

Camper-x wrote:

“Ours has a Truma bluetooth heater control unit that cannot be powered down so always draws a bit of current”

I’m pretty sure the iNet box (If that’s what you are referring to) will be the same as mine, the power lead is on a simple plug that can be disconnected in seconds.
Yes that’s the box. I’ll try chasing the cable. Thanks for mentioning. It disappears by the microwave. I located and pulled the fuse but it’s shared by the fridge!

The plug is a small black one that plugs into the actual iNet box so no need to chase cables.

Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:43 am

Paulmold wrote:
Dorset Bob wrote:Thanks Paul for the heads-up. 

I’m realising now that the XL may be just above what I am prepared to pay as they are all 40k at 14 plate or newer.

Next obvious question is: what model preceded the XL?

Bob
There wasn't a model preceding the XL except the Duo. The XL is a stretched Warwick  at 6.3 metres instead of 5.99 metres. The original Warwick (dropped in 2010 in favour of the Duo) has same layout as Duo except short benches which meant only a double bed across the van. If you envisage adding the extra length to the benches then the rest of the layout remains the same. The Duo created the long benches by shortening the wardrobe and work surface of the kitchen. The XL swopped the kitchen and washroom to opposite sides creating separate shower and giving back the full length wardrobe.
Thanks Paul, I think I should have asked is there another range i.e. Kemerton that has similar features but may be less expensive because they are a bit older? I really appreciate the time everyone has spent on what started as a relatively simple question!

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:49 pm

6m Kemertons are rare, so hold their prices. Not that many were made before the length was extended to 6.4m in 2014 to become the XL version.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Worth looking out for Sussex models. They are Marquis special edition versions with extras such as habitation air conditioning. The Sussex Duo is obviously their version of the Duo. The Sussex EB (end bathroom) is essentially the Kemerton and the Sussex BB (bunk beds) is a copy of the short-lived Windrush.

Last edited by Paulmold on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:31 pm

Dbvwt wrote:
Camper-x wrote:

The plug is a small black one that plugs into the actual iNet box so no need to chase cables.

Sorted! There are three cables to the iNet Box, all will detach, as explained here the smallest is the power. I prefer the low ampage solution as am rarely on hook up and more than happy to move the 6 feet distance to switch the heater on manually. A luxury too far for me! Thanks very much for the nudge.
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 3 Empty Potential interest in Warwick XL

Post by purdyhorse Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:54 pm

We downsized from our Wiltshire to a new Warwick XL in March 2019.
Here are my personal pros and cons:
Pros:
+ its size - very manoeuverable at 6.4 metres
+ the finish, features, storage space and habitation design - brilliant
Cons:
+ BIG ONE - the driving position if you are six feet+ tall. The seat does not go back far enough because of the intrusion of the shower room bulkhead. I have had to have my vehicle modified by AS at Willersey to overcome this. I believe I am the first person to have had this mod. and at £500ish it was worth every penny! Well done Alan Curry and Paul at Willersey! Without the mod I would have had to sell the vehicle.
+ Steering wheel rake is non-adjustable which means I am always stretching to turn the wheel
+ the lack of an auto gearbox on the Peugeot version. I understand there is a Fiat version that does have auto but that it is very clunky and should be avoided.
For me, the Warwick XL would be perfect if it was available on a Mercedes Sprinter base (like the Wiltshire). The Mercs' driving position and auto box are superb but I understand that the Sprinter's weight would make the conversion unviable below 3,5 tonnes which is where the van conversion market is predominant.
On balance, I recommend the Warwick XL as being a truly fine vehicle provided you are less than 6 feet tall.
Hope this helps.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:19 am

Just to clarify, the 2020 9 Fiat 9Speed Automatic gearbox is excellent as gives a really smooth ride.
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL Auto

purdyhorse likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:23 am

What was the mod that they made to your WXL purdyhorse for the driving position,any photos?

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:36 am

I find the Duo suffers from the driving seat not having a lot of travel, it hits the worktop above the fridge. Was thinking of trimming a section off, but I assume it is box section in makeup and might fall apart. hugegrins
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:01 am

rgermain wrote:I find the Duo suffers from the driving seat not having a lot of travel, it hits the worktop above the fridge. Was thinking of trimming a section off, but I assume it is box section in makeup and might fall apart. hugegrins
----------
Richard
How tall are you Richard? I'm 5'11" and find it fine.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 am

Paulmold wrote:
rgermain wrote:I find the Duo suffers from the driving seat not having a lot of travel, it hits the worktop above the fridge. Was thinking of trimming a section off, but I assume it is box section in makeup and might fall apart. hugegrins
----------
Richard
How tall are you Richard? I'm 5'11" and find it fine.
6'1.5" seat is fully back as otherwise I find my left leg rubs on the dash when using the clutch. Driving position is rather more upright than I would like as with the seat right back, the back cannot be reclined. Had real back pains a couple of weeks ago after a drive to Weston and back.

Pity, as they say an extra inch would be good hugegrins
---------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:27 am

FreelanderUK wrote:What was the mod that they made to your WXL purdyhorse for the driving position,any photos?
I've found the thread about the mod to the washroom but there are no photos...

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

6'2", driver here with XL.
I must have short legs as I find the driving position ok, with a fare few seat adjustments too hand it takes a while but a reasonable driving position can be found.
Just clocking up our 4,000 miles of ownership after just 14 months.
Let's say don't let the opinion's of others however valid to them put you off a Warwick XL as it is a cracking package when all things are added together.
photos of the bulkhead modification done by A/S would be interesting to see. As an example, does it intrude very much into the  
excellent "Dry" toilet area that the XL has?
Being used to driving commercial vans for a living the Peugeot base is very good, more than enough engine power ( even when you are paying for the diesel yourself and watching that dial) good motorway cruiser and handling.
I would say if you are expecting "Ford Mondeo" driving position, stretched out arms , laid back seat back, lowdown cruising position Mr Salesman etc. you're not going to find many van based conversions like that. It's all down to how much load/payload Mr White van Man can deliver in a day.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you purdyhorse and babian for your input - much appreciated! Both of us are not tall so the driving position should be ok. We, too, were taken by the finish and design. My concern now is the cost/age balance which might price the XL out of our current range.

Thank you one and all for your comments and sight of the subsequent discussion(s); illuminating.

Now onto selling our Talisman this weekend ........

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Robnsand wrote:Just to clarify, the 2020 9 Fiat 9Speed Automatic gearbox is excellent as gives a really smooth ride.

Agreed!up!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 am

Thank you Paulmold and Kemerton-Bath for your suggestions to the supplementary question about potentially less expensive options.

I feel much better placed to start searching in earnest when I have sold my Talisman.

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 3 Empty Warwick XL mod

Post by purdyhorse Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:58 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:What was the mod that they made to your WXL purdyhorse for the driving position,any photos?
Hi Chris.
Apols for delay in replying.
The mod involved creating an'alcove' in the bulkhead behind the driver's seat. The alcove protrudes into the wall above the toilet in the shower room but is not intrusive and allows the toilet seat and lid to stand upright without falling forward back on to the toilet bowl. The top of the alcove (in the shower room) serves as a shelf on which I have placed a wire basket for keeping toiletries in. The mod was done very professionally by AS at Willersey and to all intents and purposes appears as if it was in the original spec of the vehicle. I have taken some photos of it for you but can't fathom how to attach them to this post. If you can tell me how to I will post them.
Best wishes, david
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:
Robnsand wrote:Just to clarify, the 2020 9 Fiat 9Speed Automatic gearbox is excellent as gives a really smooth ride.

Agreed!up!
Sadly this option wasn't available when I bought my WXL in March 2019.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm

purdyhorse wrote:
Tinwheeler wrote:

Agreed!up!
Sadly this option wasn't available when I bought my WXL in March 2019.

I know and I could never have been tempted by the previous automated manual box. However, I swear the 2020 Fiat isn’t as well built as our 2017 Pug. shrugg
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next