The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

+15
gef
Kemerton-bath
Camper-x
Aldercow
Robnsand
merv
roli
babian
Sally
Kdc
RogerThat
Tinwheeler
IanH
FreelanderUK
Dorset Bob
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 2 Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:28 pm

merv wrote:To Warwick Duo owners, what happens to the backrests when you use the settees as single beds?

We shove them in the cab across the seats.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

rgermain and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL - Page 2 Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Robnsand Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm

We have just upgraded to a WXL Auto after owning two previous PVC, and the separate shower cubicle in the current climate is a significant advantage.  Initially we were concerned as to whether there was sufficient storage space, however we have been amazed by how much more useful the storage space is, AutoSleeper fitters have kept the plumbing and electric installations well out of users way.  Overall we are really impressed.  Driving seat space has not been an issue,  pluses include the additional worktop space, the Thetford fridge which seems to be heaps better that our previous Dometic and silent compared to the compressor fridge in our AutoCruise rhythm and Air conditioning which is really fantastic and a great advantage.  The 9 speed automatic is brilliant, we previously had the Fiat robotised auto which was good but this gearbox is excellent, also the airtop suspension which smooths out the ride.  The only downside for us so far is the free standing table which is stowed in the overcab space.  We are currently modifying things so we can store the top in the wardrobe along with the smaller table and have removed the legs which will go into our loft (or a skip).  Hope this helps.
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL Auto
Vehicle Year : 2020

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Re the backbeats, we used to put them in the cab in our last van but from a tip from another owner now stow one on the floor behind the legs of one berth. And then drop the other into the space created on that berth by pulling it out enough to stow the one on the floor.  This creates a slightly wider berth for one but still allows movement space between the berths, and room for the scatter cushions and armrests on the drivers seat in the cab.  That leaves the passenger seat free for an early riser to enjoy.
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldercow Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 pm

In the past I’ve had a 2010 Warwick Duo & a 2014 Warwick XL. We loved the 6m long Duo - one of the best compact vans we’ve ever had. Everything useable, two single beds one with your feet under wardrobe no problem. The XL was good, the 6.3m length was sometimes awkward as you need to find parking spaces for the rear to overhang. What would I buy again? A Duo, but that’s just my choice as at home we’re length conscious due to parking.
Aldercow
Aldercow

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Mercedes Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Same here out of the way for the night

Tinwheeler wrote:
merv wrote:To Warwick Duo owners, what happens to the backrests when you use the settees as single beds?

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:52 pm

That’s an excellent idea and we will try that tonight ,I have to be careful of what’s on the floor as the wife has MS and walking difficulties, but thanks for the idea

Robnsand wrote:Re the backbeats, we used to put them in the cab in our last van but from a tip from another owner now stow one on the floor behind the legs of one berth. And then drop the other into the space created on that berth by pulling it out enough to stow the one on the floor.  This creates a slightly wider berth for one but still allows movement space between the berths, and room for the scatter cushions and armrests on the drivers seat in the cab.  That leaves the passenger seat free for an early riser to enjoy.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:49 pm

Thank you Aldercow and Robnsand for your posts; I have been mightily impressed by the thought that everyone has given to my question(s) and am glad that other members have also been able to benefit from the inputs!

Have also been intrigued by the high percentage of ex-Navy colleagues contributing!!!
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Tinwheeler wrote:

We put them side by side against the front of the LH berth, several reasons............

1 There's still enough of a walkway for either bed inhabitant to walk fwds to the loo for night time visit (s)
2 They are then on the opposite side to the heater outlets (main reason for using the front of the LH berth) so we can use the heating all night if necessary
3 We remove the bedding, which lives under the LH seat, before removing the backrests.

I find it incredible just how comfortable these two single beds are, bearing in mind they're also designed for sitting on as settees. up!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

rgermain and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by merv Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 am

Thanks for the info. on the backrests.  
We are considering downsizing at some point but certainly not yet. I did have a look at a Symbol with the new auto just to remind myself of the space (we had a Symbol back in 2009) but I felt that it was probably a compromise too far. That is what prompted us to consider the Warwick which I know is very popular. 
All in the future for now!
merv

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm

We have owned a Warwick XL for 6 weeks now. Anything you specifically wanted to ask not yet answered? We really like outs, not perfect but it's a great motorhome. Ours is 2018 and we downsized from a 7.5m coach built. You lose the boot but there's a lot of storage for two. I'd like front drop down access to the side bench storage to save lifting the seats to access. It's a corridor layout so easy for one person to feel trapped by he other person. They are 2 seat belt vans so you are limited to 2 people. The water pump is fickle to set up for hook up and battery, so you might want to budget for an upgrade. Other than that splendid, modern, easy to drive, comfortable, well equipped, love the privacy glass and the option to throw open the barn doors. Ours has the satellite TV option which I thought a gimmick but is actually brilliant. We have the winter pack and drivers packs too. Water is 67 litres so a bit small but we carry a spare tank on board and it comes with an external pump to refill the onboard tank if you can't lift and pour. The large table option is a bit cumbersome, the small table a bit on the small side, we have the swivel drivers as well as passenger seat which isn't standard as far as I know. Ours has the pop up extra work surface but the brackets are cheap and flimsy and tend to rattle when driving. They designed the smoke detector location above the hob so it has to be removed if cooking, just a quick twist in and out. Ours has a Truma bluetooth heater control unit that cannot be powered down so always draws a bit of current. The electric system switches from leisure battery to van smartly according to needs, which feels a bit unusual, though you can change the settings. The privacy glass windows come with fly screens yet don't actually open. The blind on the slide door rattles when driving. Other vans have full slide door fly screens which would be useful. So room for improvement I'd say. I think all motorhomes have pros and cons, but it's a heck of a machine.
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Camper-x wrote: The blind on the slide door rattles when driving. Other vans have full slide door fly screens which would be useful. So room for improvement I'd say. I think all motorhomes have pros and cons, but it's a heck of a machine.
You'll find advice on here for solving the sliding door blind rattle.  An easy job to do.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks Camper-x for the review. Nothing specific comes to mind to ask about;   the water pump issue could become irritating if you have to adjust the setting each time you change location/power source though - I think I picked up on it in another thread.

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robnsand Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Camper-x, interested by your review.  Could you give a bit more detail about what you mean when you say that the water pump was fickle to set up for hook up and battery.  Does this relate to the Whale water fill pump to tank or the on-board water pump to taps etc?  We have not noticed a problem with the later yet, and so far have little intention of using the former preferring a direct fill.  However as it may be something we have to look out for a bit more detail would help me, if you do not mind.  Thank you.  blush
Robnsand
Robnsand

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Just sitting in our warwick end lounge and recorded 37.5 mpg today.  No adjustment made to pressure switch yet and we have been on hookup and greenfield.  We have owned 3 previous autosleepers and this is the best
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Robnsand wrote:Camper-x, interested by your review.  Could you give a bit more detail about what you mean when you say that the water pump was fickle to set up for hook up and battery.  Does this relate to the Whale water fill pump to tank or the on-board water pump to taps etc?  We have not noticed a problem with the later yet, and so far have little intention of using the former preferring a direct fill.  However as it may be something we have to look out for a bit more detail would help me, if you do not mind.  Thank you.  blush
Hi, The on board water pump to taps is sensitive to pressure and voltage and fickle to air in the system. There are posts on here about it - I kicked one off a few weeks back. Have tried all the advice but can't find the 'sweet spot' people mention.
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Kemerton-bath wrote:
Camper-x wrote: The blind on the slide door rattles when driving. Other vans have full slide door fly screens which would be useful. So room for improvement I'd say. I think all motorhomes have pros and cons, but it's a heck of a machine.
You'll find advice on here for solving the sliding door blind rattle.  An easy job to do.

Tim
Oooh Tim you tempter! 

No luck ion a search for 'sliding door rattle'. Would you be kind enough to point me at a solution?
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Camper-x Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:46 pm

gef wrote:Just sitting in our warwick end lounge and recorded 37.5 mpg today.  No adjustment made to pressure switch yet and we have been on hookup and greenfield.  We have owned 3 previous autosleepers and this is the best

Blimey, we get 31MPG and the pump is a terror. Good for you! Do you stick to 55mph? Maybe a previous owner changed your pump to a Shurflo?
Camper-x
Camper-x

Male

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:50 pm

No up to max speed when possible and pump is original and has never been a problem in previous vans. First time on morrisions dorsal though
gef

Male

Member Age : 80

Camper-x likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:16 pm

gef wrote:No up to max speed when possible and pump is original and has never been a problem in previous vans. First time on morrisions dorsal though
I don't question your MPG, but 37??
I have not recorded mine, but have seen the average on the dash at 29.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Camper-x,

“Ours has a Truma bluetooth heater control unit that cannot be powered down so always draws a bit of current”

I’m pretty sure the iNet box (If that’s what you are referring to) will be the same as mine, the power lead is on a simple plug that can be disconnected in seconds.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Camper-x wrote:
Kemerton-bath wrote:

Tim
Oooh Tim you tempter! 

No luck ion a search for 'sliding door rattle'. Would you be kind enough to point me at a solution?
Have a look at the following post.  Assuming the rattling blind is caused by its loose fixings, this should get you sorted:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

FreelanderUK and Camper-x like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 pm

rgermain wrote:
gef wrote:No up to max speed when possible and pump is original and has never been a problem in previous vans. First time on morrisions dorsal though
I don't question your MPG, but 37??
I have not recorded mine, but have seen the average on the dash at 29.
-----------
Richard
I have accurately, tank full to tank full, recorded on trip and main odometer on two different but identical engine Warwick Duos now, both give more or less exactly same MPG at 27.5. This done on every drop of fuel added during my ownership, not just one or two tankfuls.
I know others may get slightly more, but frankly refuse to believe mine could get 37!! It'd have to be on a trailer!
Always driven at between 2000 and absolute max 3000rpm, always in the gear for the speed limit, ie 3rd for 30 limit, 4th for 40 and so on, this has the engine running at 2000rpm, which is also more or less max torque rpm.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:09 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:Same here out of the way for the night

Tinwheeler wrote:

No-one has given the answer that we do - leave them in position , the beds are wide enough for us and I'm not exactly slim.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:13 pm

An XL just come up for sale on FB Warwick group, 2019, 5000 miles, £48k.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:56 am

Thanks Paul for the heads-up. 

I’m realising now that the XL may be just above what I am prepared to pay as they are all 40k at 14 plate or newer.

Next obvious question is: what model preceded the XL?

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next