The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

+15
gef
Kemerton-bath
Camper-x
Aldercow
Robnsand
merv
roli
babian
Sally
Kdc
RogerThat
Tinwheeler
IanH
FreelanderUK
Dorset Bob
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL Empty Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Good evening,

Having owned an X-reg Talisman GX for 4 years, we were taken by a Warwick XL on a dealer forecourt. My (rather obvious) question is: what are the pros and cons of owning a Warwick?

Thanking you in anticipation ........

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:21 pm

I have just swapped to an WXL from a Autotrail Cheyenne,  I thought we would be struggling for storage but after sorting through what we need and use from what we carry  there is plenty of storage space left, it seam easier to drive and I don’t get the feeling of swaying about that I did in the Cheyenne, shower and bathroom area is slightly bigger than the Autotrail, the only thing that I am struggling with I am for ever banging my head on the over cab storage woodwork as in the Cheyenne it was all open and we have a bin in between the seats😂

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL Empty Re: Potentially Interested in a Warwick XL

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks Chris, for your prompt response!

Profile picture at Raleigh or Part 2 Establishment?
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:05 pm

HMS Raleigh,then to HMS Daedalus WAFU training 😀😀⚓

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:25 pm

Now on my 2nd Warwick Duo, however, neither were the XL.
Absolutely delighted with both, just the ultimate MH for our needs.
Good luck with your search
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:27 pm

I also recognised the Raleigh backdrop, what year was that?

Apologies to Dorset Bob for high jacking the thread...🤠
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 pm

I also recognised the Raleigh backdrop, what year was that?

Apologies to Dorset Bob for high jacking the thread...🤠
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:32 pm

Frobisher 10 March 4th 1980 ⚓

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:40 pm

You'll be similar era to me. I went thru just across the road slightly a year ahead. Steam and diesel for 25 years thereafter. Haven't really looked back and don't remember a thing about it 😀
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:50 pm

IanH,

Thanks for your input and good wishes. Does the cupboard overhang on the bed cause any issues?

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:53 pm

The WXL is a separate shower where as the Due is combined with the toilet and sink

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Fisguard is now a business park.

I find the washroom wall in the WXL restricts the driving position as it prevents the seat going back far enough. Other than that, a panel van knocks spots off a coachbuilt for manoeuvrability and parking.

We've just bought our second W/Duo so the layout clearly suits us and we prefer the shorter length than the WXL.  I’ve started two threads about it in Dealers and in Technical if you’re interested.

Only the Duo has the overhanging wardrobe. Its wall provides a useful mounting place for the TV. There is no problem with it at all other than it, apparently, doesn’t hold enough clothes.Whistle1
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Dorset Bob wrote:IanH,

Thanks for your input and good wishes. Does the cupboard overhang on the bed cause any issues?

Bob
Absolutely none at all, there's more than enough settee space for 4 on the rare occasions we need it. No effect at all on the person sleeping that side. Plenty storage space as long as you are organised and frugal. We see some folks on sites who seem to be moving house!
We carry food and clothes for 7 days, irrespective of trip length. We don't use the shower so stop in sites every 2 or 3 days, also an opportunity for light laundry. If required, ( we have a retractable line) closing all heater outlets apart from the bathroom, and opening just one side of the roof vent just one stop, anything will be dry in no time
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:11 pm

Thanks Tinwheeler. Fortunately both the potential drivers have short legs! I will take a look at the other two threads.

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:18 pm

Thanks IanH. We have also used the drying room technique in our Talisman. It did seem to me that the shower is more feasible in the WXL that we saw and in the current environment that must be a bonus.

As an aside, does anyone have any recent experience of using sites in the Covid era?

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:29 pm

There is a thread on the go (which I can't find now) about post-Covid sites.

We're heading to our third, in Derby,  this weekend allthumbz
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:15 pm

You asked for owners views on pros and cons........I find the WXLs space provides more than adequate facilities (especially the shower which would be hard to beat in a PVC).The lounge and bed area is spacious enough to be comfortable,the galley is well equipped and storage is sufficient if you don’t try to take more than is really required.The potential for lack of space behind drivers seat has not been an issue for me but has been for some,there are reports on forum of a mod carried out to re shape bathroom wall if more space is required.If I had to highlight a potential con it is that the slight extra length makes it just outside the ideal if used as a run about. I have used mine for trips out but need to be selective for parking space.Hope you find the van that suits you best......who knows it may just be that xl your eyeing up!

Ganges boy myself but looked just the same at that age!!!!

Last edited by Kdc on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Dorset Bob wrote:Thanks IanH. We have also used the drying room technique in our Talisman. It did seem to me that the shower is more feasible in the WXL that we saw and in the current environment that must be a bonus.

As an aside, does anyone have any recent experience of using sites in the Covid era?

Bob
I’ve been to 3 sites so far. They were a main C&CC club site, a small CS site and a small private site. All 3 had toilets and showers open; they were used by some but not all.  I’ve tended to use my own ‘in-house’ facilities including the shower, but I felt comfortable using the onsite ones. 

To be honest I saw little if any difference to any previous stay. I have more sites booked and some have no open facilities. It’s no problem and I’m really not seeing any impact if I’m honest, although I wouldn’t ever use a clubhouse etc even if the site had one and was open. 

I can’t comment on the XL as I have the Sussex Duo (think of it as the Warwick Duo) which to me is nigh on perfect. I’ve added some shelves but that is a very specific requirement to take my camera equipment. The overhang cupboard is absolutely no issue. I travel on my own but my brother travels with his partner and both find the beds, facilities and storage great, and he parks it pretty much anywhere. 

Enjoy the search, your perfect van is out there.up!
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:39 pm

I have used c&cc 5 van and THS sites 5 times so far and have 3 more booked,lymington this w/end. The club is providing very good guidance for running these sites and people are doing the right thing and obeying current guide lines.This includes no gathering inside units or awnings,it feels strange and anti social compared to the old normal but everyone I have encountered are still friendly and chatty.sitting outside and spaced is the new get together with a friend or unit on next pitch.All in all it is great to be out and has been a good experience and as safe as anywhere with common sense. I have seen facility blocks open and few using them,with care and caution it is probably doable,that’s one for each individual to access the risks.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am

I am 6’1” and there is plenty of room for me to drive ,the only difference is I am sat a little more upright than i normally like but suppose I will get used to it. 

We are using as single beds and have found that just taking the lower back bolster out makes the sleeping area more roomy, 

We are on a 5van site at the moment and with the wife being disabled it’s great that she can use our own facilities, the shower area is so large , only us on site so no problems with COVID 😀

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:51 am

Good morning,

Thank you Sally and Kdc for your perspectives on the WXL and RogerThat your hint about the Covid thread - all very useful!

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 am

XL has the big bonus of separate toilet and shower areas, which too us is very good. No standing in shower tray when using toilet which is more often used. Shower is big enough to do the job.
 I know what you mean about the overhead woodwork and knocking your head getting from the passenger seat too rear , Mrs does it all the time ha ha.
Storage space fills all our needs, food storage for at least a week and  longer rear beds and lounging area a plus. More than enough for cloths storage as well.
More than enough lighting options (16 at last count) as other posts have remarked, if you can work out the switching points.
6.3M is a real bonus when the atmosphere is a little strained due to bad weather, because one can sit up front and the other " feels" at a distance in the far rear corner !!!!!
6'2" driver can get a good long distance driving position, if a little perched up.
babian
babian

Male

Vehicle Year : 2014

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:45 pm

As you are used to the Talisman there is little difference in the width of the vans, but beware the LWB vans do not have as good a steering lock as the MWB vans but you will soon get familiar with it

We changed to a Warwick Duo 4 years ago from coach builts and soon got used to where stuff can be stored.
What you may notice is improved fuel consumption over the Talisman as the WXLs are a bit more aerodynamic.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by merv Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:47 pm

To Warwick Duo owners, what happens to the backrests when you use the settees as single beds?
merv

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorset Bob Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Thank you Roli and Banian. Useful to confirm that the shower is big enough and the mpg may be better than I am used to!

Bob
Dorset Bob
Dorset Bob

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next