The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water leak

2 posters

Go down

Water leak Empty Water leak

Post by Phlopsie Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi, I cleaned the freshwater tank recently.  Now when I put water in it, it drips off the chassis but also comes into the bottom cupboard and over the inside floor.  Has anyone experienced this and can you help me identify what/ where I should be looking to resolve, please? Thanks
Phlopsie
Phlopsie

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Water leak Empty Re: Water leak

Post by Roopert Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 pm

There are a couple of possibilities, and it depends on whether the pump has been switched on since the tank was filled.

But assuming that a T4-based Trident is similar in design to our T5-based Trooper (seems likely) then the most likely explanation would be a split in the pipe that runs from filler to tank, as this runs inside the vehicle. Unfortunately accessing that area on ours wasn't trivial... Hopefully it's something easier!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlopsie Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks! I had run the pump to push the cleaning stuff through the pipes and tap then emptied the tank.  It was when I was filling the tank with fresh water to flush out the cleaning stuff that I noticed the leak so stopped and drained it down.  There is a removable panel in the cupboard where the water was seeping through so might have a go at taking that off tomorrow and have a look around to see if it’s a quick fix.  Thanks again.
Phlopsie
Phlopsie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Yes - if it's a removable floor panel then the pump should be underneath that. With the panel out (no easy task on ours) you should be able to see if the leak is in the filler-to-tank pipe or the water pump pipework. If the pump has been run then that opens up other possibilities such as a split in the pump filter - though it's a bit surprising that the water is getting that high up if that's your problem.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Phlopsie Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:15 pm

Problem found - the pipe has split just at the top by the filler cap.  You’re correct it’s not an easy fix and sadly it’s beyond my capabilities so booked in for replacement pipe at the end of the season.  My go to guy has given me a long piece of pipe to feed past the splits so I can fill the tank and keep using for the time being.  Thanks again for your help.
Phlopsie
Phlopsie

Female

Roopert likes this post

Back to top Go down