The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000 water fill pi

3 posters

Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000 water fill pi Empty Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000 water fill pi

Post by Rexanne Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi my fresh water filler pipe on my 2000 Peugeot symbol leaks badly,  does anybody know how it can be replaced as it seems to go in and out of the sill?
Rexanne
Rexanne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000 water fill pi Empty Re: Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000 water fill pi

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:28 pm

It does indeed go through the sill. You could put a thinner pipe through the leaking pipe before pulling the old one out. That at least would maintain the route. Then put new pipe over the thin pipe to thread it through, once installed remove the thin pipe. Cant  say I've done it, just a suggestion  but in theory it could  work.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000 water fill pi Empty Re: Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000 water fill pi

Post by Rexanne Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Thank you very much Paulmold i think I will give it ago
Rexanne
Rexanne

Male

Back to top Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000 water fill pi Empty Water leak from water filler

Post by MartynD Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi. I think I've got the same problem on my 1999 Symphony. Did/does the water leak into the sill when you top-up the water? And did you manage to replace the pipe successfully?
 Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000 water fill pi 1f600
MartynD
MartynD

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexanne Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:21 pm

Hi Martyn , the water fill pipe has probably worn through due to vibration close to where it exit the sill on it's way to the tank, I eventually solved the problem by purchasing a length of 32mm smooth pipe from a yatch chandlers and fed it through from the fiiler cap end using the original pipe as a guide, once it was through the sill I connected it with a 32/40mm adaptor to the tank, it worked a treat, you just have to improvise a bit a the filler cap end I used some self tappers to hold the pipe, hope this helps.  Regards Rex
Rexanne
Rexanne

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MartynD Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi Rexanne. Thanks for your advice on this. I'll do as you suggest.  I discovered the problem when I found rust spots emerging on the sill just in front of the rear offside wheel. Everything seems dry inside the van: no evidence of leak from water heater or pump. So I figured the only source of water getting inside the sill must be the filler pipe. I can't actually see any break in the pipe because it's hidden inside the bodywork. So I'm deducing it's the pipe and will splash out (excuse pun) on replacing it. Thanks again. Martyn
MartynD
MartynD

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down