The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaks on Symbol

3 posters

Go down

Leaks on Symbol Empty Leaks on Symbol

Post by DonaldGordon Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:14 pm

I have 3 month old Symbol.  Water is getting in when it is washed and the passenger seat belt gets wet.   On investigation I have found water in the back of the grommet where the sliding door closes and inside this is where the inertia fitting is for the seat belt.   Peugeot say it is coming from the awning fitting.   Anyone else know of this problem.  Donald Gordon
DonaldGordon
DonaldGordon

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Leaks on Symbol Empty water leak

Post by fisherman3 Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:35 pm

bet you use a power washer.
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down

Leaks on Symbol Empty Re: Leaks on Symbol

Post by nimbus Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 am

Peugeot maybe right, but Autosleeper usually remove the door during the conversion and sometimes it's not the best re-fit. I had a leak from the top of our sliding door which was caused by some Autosleeper trim preventing the door seal from fully locating. It was only a small misalignment but enough to allow water to penetrate past the seal. In my case I fitted a secondary seal at the top of the door which overcame the problem. It was easier to do this rather than another visit to the Service Centre.

The top of the door is the usual place for leaks as rainwater can penetrate the gap at the top and, if the door is not closing properly against the seal, water can enter the van.

Thinking about it again, if your Symbol is new, the awning should have been fixed to the brackets that are fitted to the roof by Peugeot at manufacture. If your awning is fitted to these fixings there is nowhere for it to leak.

Last edited by nimbus on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Final para added)
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldGordon Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for your help.  We think we may have found the problem.  looks to be a hole at the top of the sliding door and water is getting
in there when we wash the motorhome - but not using a power hose - don't believe in them for washing caravans and motorhomes.
DonaldGordon
DonaldGordon

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DonaldGordon Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Sorry to disappoint but I don't believe in using power hoses on caravans and motorhomes.  It does too much damage to the seals.
DonaldGordon
DonaldGordon

Male

Back to top Go down

Leaks on Symbol Empty symbol leaks.

Post by fisherman3 Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:37 pm

very accurately put.my feelings also.g
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male