The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham water tank removal

3 posters

Go down

Kingham water tank removal Empty Kingham water tank removal

Post by Nickandpaddy Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi ive fitted shurflo pump under seat. All works well but seems to be not using all the water in the fresh water tank. I need to remove the tank and take old pump out and then drill a new tap out of bottom. I cant find any help on this at all. Someone must of removed one.😁😁😁
Nickandpaddy
Nickandpaddy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Kingham water tank removal Empty Re: Kingham water tank removal

Post by treetops Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm

ON MY KINGHAM WHEN I INSTALLED MY SUREFLOW  PUMP I. DECIDED NO WAY WAS I GOING TO USE THE EXISTING SUPPLY AND SUBMERSIBLE PUMP TO FEED MY NEW PUMP SO I DID AWAY WITH THE PATHETIC FLEXIBLE BLUE DRAIN PIPE FROM THE TANK AND  FITTED A COPPER OUTLET PIPE COMPLETE WITH SUPPOR FOR RIGIDITY , IN THAT PIPE I INSERTED A TEE PIECE WHICH I THEN CONNECTED TO THE NEW PUMP , THIS SET UP WORKS PERFECTLY , NEVER A PROBLEM WITH CAVITATION AND MAKE USE OF FULL TANK . I DID FIT THE RECOMENDED INLINE FILTER ADJACENT TO THE NEW PUMP,
THIS MIGHT SEEM A BIT MORE WORK BUT IF YOU CONNECT TO THE EXISTING SUB PUMP YOUR AT THE MERCY OF WHERE IT IS LAYING AND THE RESTRICTION THROUGH IT, THE PLASTIC ELBOW ONTHE TANK DRAIN PIPE CAN EASY BE REMOVED AND A 28MM TO 22MM COMPRESSION ELBOE FITS ON IT ( USE PTFE TAPE FOR A GOOD FIT) THEN 22MM COPPER PIPE WITH A 22MM TO 15 MM REDUCING TEE  THEN A 22MM LEVER ON / OFF VALVE , MAKE A CLIP UP WHERE THE EXISTING SPRING CLIP IS TO MAKE IT RIGID
treetops
treetops

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Nickandpaddy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickandpaddy Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:21 pm

So you did this all with tank still in situ. How did you convert to 12mm.. what did you do with existing feed into tank. Sounds a good way of doing iit
Nickandpaddy
Nickandpaddy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by treetops Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:28 pm

slight mistake in earlier description, was thinking of the wast pipe I also modified, anyhow the water tank connection is fairly straightforward , as I mentioned in earlier post connect off plastic stub of tank with a 28mm compression elbow  but instead of reducing to 22mm insert a male 28mm to 15mm female reducer ( soldered Yorkshire or end feed ) then a short piece of 15mm pipe with a 15mm tee with a short stub of 15mm pipe made into centre branch .carry on from the tee with another short piece of 15mm pipe into a 15mm lever valve finish off with another short piece of 15mmpipe into a 15mm elbow looking down to finish off, I then ran a new piece of slightly larger water pipe off the stub pipe with a jubilee clip up to the connection on the filter adjacent to the pump , I have took a couple of pictures showing the alteration but this forum doesn't make it easy to put them on so I have given up with that ,just blank off the existing feed pipe from the tank , hope this helps
treetops
treetops

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickandpaddy Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Could you email me or private message me photos please whats your water pressure like
Nickandpaddy
Nickandpaddy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by malc45 Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi, be careful when re-routing the drain pipes from the waste water tank and the fresh water tank and making it into rigid pipework.
When a service is being carried out the hoist that they often use to lift a panel van lifts from the four jacking points and fixed pipe work can prevent this.
I found this out, but my change away from the plastic pipes was only a push fitting so easily removed.
Malc.
malc45
malc45
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol

Back to top Go down