The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto

2 posters

Go down

How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto Empty How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto

Post by AdrianWannell Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:23 am

The metal underneath the door runner (the silver bar that the side door runs on) on my 1998 Autosleeper has rusted to the point where there is a hole all the way through the wall. It now need welding. I have removed the wall in the shower room and the door runner is located slightly below the top of the shower tray. It runs from there to the door opening. I can see that there is a nut holding the door runner on behind the cupboard next to the shower room. In an idea world I would like to remove the cupboard which would allow proper access to the back of the door runner to do the welding. The back (inside of the van) of the door runner has a felt pad stuck over the door runner all the way along. It would be an easier welding job if the cupboard could be removed. Having looked behind and around the cupboard I can see one screw at the bottom of the shower tray but to get to it I would have to remove the shower tray entirely. To do that would appear to involve removing the Thetford toilet. Looking at the back of the cupboard I cannot see where the cupboard attaches to the wall. There are carpet type coverings inside the walls of the cupboard. I suspect they are glued in. I also suspect that if I remove them I will uncover the screws that hold the cupboard on to the wall.

Has anyone removed the cupboard, the toilet or the shower tray? Can anyone tell me how they are fixed in and where the screws are? If possible does anyone possess a manual that shows how the Duetto is constructed?

Many thanks, Adrian
AdrianWannell
AdrianWannell

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto Empty Re: How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto

Post by Paulmold Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 am

This may help....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

AdrianWannell likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto Empty Re: How to remove shower tray cupboard in Duetto

Post by AdrianWannell Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Paulmold wrote:This may help....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for that. I think my better course is not to remove the shower tray but rather to remove the cupboard which will give me access to what I need. I also need the wheel arch done but I think I can protect the shower tray with the access I have behnd it with what I have removed.

So I just now need to know where the screws are to remove the cupboard!

Adrian
AdrianWannell
AdrianWannell

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Ford Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down