The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopping the rattles

+2
rogerblack
T25Pete
6 posters

Go down

Stopping the rattles Empty Stopping the rattles

Post by T25Pete Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:08 pm

Rather than leave my Symbol alone through the current crisis I thought that I would tackle some of those jobs that you never quite get around to.
My van is a 2018 and Suffers with rattles that I would guess are common to most PVCs, and judging by my Nuevo most motorhomes.
I have started with the sliding door blind. This seems to have about a 10mm gap between the door and the blind assembly. I’m hoping that packing out with some high density foam will do the job. It’s stopped it clattering when the door is shut.  (Foam left over from kayaking so not absorbent). Yet to test drive.

Next is the drivers door blind. This rattles but can be stopped with elbow pressure. The is a gap between the plastic moulding and door that isn’t there on the passenger side. Any ideas. 

Lastly the main roof window. The blind rattles over the smallest bump. Again any ideas.

On the whole it’s not as bad as some. The Nuevo had a number of cupboard doors that needed adjusting and the only solution with the front blind was to wedge the bottom rail with a small foam packer. The roof blind was much the same as my Symbol. My previous Symbol had a creaking over cab shelf which I never did manage to get stopped. 

All ideas welcome, it looks like there will be plenty of time to try out solutions, but only short test drives 😕.

Cheers
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Stopping the rattles Empty Re: Stopping the rattles

Post by rogerblack Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi Pete 
Hers some pics of Door[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] blind it’s held by 1 screw at top right behind  plastic blank
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:35 pm

For the sliding door blind read this thread....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 pm

high density foam works well with sliding door blind. make sure you make a sandwich of it between door and blind, then blind too inside carpeted window ( door card)  surround. when you then screw the inside door card back in place it holds the whole lot together. also make sure you glue the foam in place. they are rubbish tho the 6? A/S bent brackets and screws. captive nuts would have been better than cheap self tapers put in too quickly , with out a pilot hole and no clutch set on cordless drill !!! I'm guessing.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:19 pm

Pete, my Symbol has been great (same age as yours) and the rattles haven’t been anything like others have reported but I love improving things.

Will PM you if you wish in the next few days with the many things I have done to improve rattles enormously.
David.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down