The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattles

2 posters

Go down

Rattles Empty Rattles

Post by johndean Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Went away in Fairford at last, quite a few rattles while on road, decided to have a look at what was causing them now back.
1) both front table fixing brackets loose 4 screws in each bracket, unable too tighten screws fixed with larger special screws, holes in brackets needed opening out to except new screws.
2) all 4 clips holding cooker rack loose managed to tighten but unsure if they will hold.
3) sliding door rattles most items on door padded out we try on road next week.
4) I think every screw was loose on vanbut tightening is difficult because to much stress and they start to spin
Van is 1 year old
Johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Rattles Empty Re: Rattles

Post by Ben001 Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Similar problem with hob pot support clips. they seem to come loose with each use, possibly caused by temp changes. I contemplated thread lock on screws but dont know if it will withstand the heat. WRT sliding door, I have never been in any conversion where the rattles have been completely eliminated, though some are much better (worse?) than others. There are many different thoughts on dealing with the problem, some more successful than others.
Ben
Ben001
Ben001

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down