The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick xl lack of insulation

+3
babian
Roopert
kaspian
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warwick xl lack of insulation - Page 2 Empty Re: Warwick xl lack of insulation

Post by SallyB Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:10 am

kaspian wrote:Sadly no Chris A/s use white dacron /polyester wadding insulation which looks like glassfibre loft insulation without the itch! or in my case rely on a coat of paint a few microns thick for insulation. ....see below , just for you Babian![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Well guess what? Mines the same, no insulation or vapour barrier and poking a cheap usb endoscope shows nothing further along either.
Really p#[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] poor workmanship. Were Autosleepers always like this.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:35 am

Loosely filling voids with insulation is important but more important in my opinion is a continuous vapour barrier.
. Unless the van lets in water from the outside then any moisture is coming from condensation created inside the van.
Items like these should be sat in a plastic cover inside of the vapour barrier like door speakers etc.

SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 am

In the construction of these vans, I imagine insulation is probably the cheapest component, the man-minutes to fit it can't cost that much either,  so i'm really surprised to see the lack of the stuff, even if the 'experts' say it isn't needed.
 I think the 'wow' factor upon the owner seeing it ( or not ) will be enough to broadcast it around, especially nowadays with all the instant insargram/farcebook sites that everyone can see.  It may be all it takes for prospective buyers to look elsewhere.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 am

If you are not going to insulate an area of the single skinned  roof amounting to over 3 square feet then a continuous vapour barrier should be in place over the whole interior stopping moisture from access to that freezing void as you say SallyB. Just the act of breathing overnight in the van deposits large amounts of water vapour which will readily condense out on the uninsulated  freezing cold  steel roof. Unless you remove the whole interior and start again however we have no chance of doing that! Do not misunderstand me however , this 2017 van has more insulation than our previous 2014 one which had a token flick of insulation here and there. There may even be large variations as to who applied it on the day, who knows?
      I suppose manufacturers have an interest too. Build the van, put a relatively short warranty on it and as we have seen failure of things such as expensive delicate control panel electronics damaged by damp means that a valuable income is gained from repairing these issues at customers expense.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2