The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ventilation and lack of opening windows

+11
JandL
Fontie
inspiredron
Paulmold
KMRTOPAZ
Kdc
babian
petermcd
IanH
Tinwheeler
Jouster
15 posters

Go down

Ventilation and lack of opening windows Empty Ventilation and lack of opening windows

Post by Jouster Tue May 24, 2022 5:15 pm

Just wondering if other owners struggle with the lack of opening windows on the newer vans. With only the small one on the cab door and one in the shower room does this become a problem in hotter climates. Whilst obviously you can open the doors but sometimes you just want to crack open a window beside you to get that bit of air in. We have a Warwick xl on order.

Last edited by Jouster on Tue May 24, 2022 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Vehicle model not mentioned)
Jouster
Jouster

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl mq
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Ventilation and lack of opening windows Empty Re: Ventilation and lack of opening windows

Post by Tinwheeler Tue May 24, 2022 6:00 pm

You have opening roof lights, cab windows and doors, the hab sliding door and rear doors and the MQ comes with hab air con. We didn’t have a problem with our Warwick Duos.

The bonded glass non-opening windows have a bonus in terms of security allthumbz
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ventilation and lack of opening windows Empty Re: Ventilation and lack of opening windows

Post by Jouster Tue May 24, 2022 6:10 pm

Thanks for your answer. Yes of course the added security of the bonded windows is appreciated. As I don’t have the van have nothing else to do other than think of problems which no doubt won’t be.
Jouster
Jouster

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl mq
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Tue May 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Zero proble ms 2 x Warwick Duo
Indeed the ability to carry long loads inside, incl bikes, way exceeds any problems.
The athermic glass is superb, no condensation, for us at least

IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by petermcd Tue May 24, 2022 6:22 pm

You can also set the ‘ducted warm air’ heating system to blow cool air …… Peter M
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Victor Johnstone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Tue May 24, 2022 8:23 pm

Quick answer no.
We've had the hottest uk day last year on top of the beacon beacons, skylights open, blinds on those 3/4 shut, back doors half open, wild ponies grazing at the side, sliding door just open, both taking a shower, toilet window open, shower skylight open, cubicle dry in ten minutes, kettle on for tea etc etc etc.
So many combinations to use and when it comes too evening, as we know, the female always says..."ooh! I'm getting a little chilly, can we shut the skylights?".
Just look forward to enjoying your Warwick XL and those fixed glass windows make the van look cool. Also great for watching the other campers leveling their caravan and putting up awnings, filling up roller water butts every ten minutes.
Just enjoy I say.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Tue May 24, 2022 9:52 pm

Jouster…….Believe you will find there is enough options to get air into an xl without opening side windows. If it’s daytime your likely to have doors open and at night probably not have windows open if that were possible. My take is that the advantages of bonded windows outgun the disadvantages which are more perceived than actual.
Enjoy your van when it arrives and in the mean time do not fret about issues that would fill this forum if they were a problem.     Good choice of van! (Of course I am biased)

Obviously touched wrong spot to like my own post ?

Last edited by Kdc on Tue May 24, 2022 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unintentional like)
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Kdc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Tue May 24, 2022 10:35 pm

The Warwick Duo has a sliding window in the hab door and also in the offside window adjacent to the kitchen. I suspect the latter may not be available in the XL. I am about to increase available ventilation by removing the air con system to fit a Mini Heki roof light in its place.  You could also fit an extractor-model roof vent in the toilet.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue May 24, 2022 10:45 pm

KMRTOPAZ wrote:The Warwick Duo has a sliding window in the hab door and also in the offside window adjacent to the kitchen. I suspect the latter may not be available in the XL. I am about to increase available ventilation by removing the air con system to fit a Mini Heki roof light in its place.  You could also fit an extractor-model roof vent in the toilet.
Keith
It hadn't occurred  to me that the offside sliding window would be in the washroom of an XL - I knew there had to be something the Duo had over the XL. I've  had the air con removed and a mini heki in its place. It not only provides more ventilation when required but also provides more light in what can be quite a dark interior.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed May 25, 2022 12:04 am

And remember, you do have fly screens on your non opening windows - yes, really 😃😃

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed May 25, 2022 8:23 am

inspiredron wrote:And remember, you do have fly screens on your non opening windows - yes, really 😃😃
I don't.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed May 25, 2022 8:59 am

Paulmold wrote:
inspiredron wrote:And remember, you do have fly screens on your non opening windows - yes, really 😃😃
I don't.

No? Perhaps you should complain  hugegrins
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Wed May 25, 2022 10:16 am

Actually what we have is privacy glass and privacy screens, which actually are handy for keeping flies out on sliding windows. biggrin
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fontie Wed May 25, 2022 1:34 pm

I had a Maxfan fitted to keep air moving in for those hotter summer nights here and especially France and Spain.
Fontie
Fontie

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by JandL Fri May 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Plenty of opening windows and vents in my 1999 Symphony - hits well over 40 C in summer. smile!
JandL
JandL

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbridger2u Sun May 29, 2022 6:38 pm

Ventilation was my worry at first having moved from a caravan with all windows that opened. No worries, just leave the sliding door slightly open and the roof vent open. Just to pick up on the fly screen, the short Duo does have one on the offside behind the cooker.
mrbridger2u
mrbridger2u

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Mon May 30, 2022 9:57 am

Paulmold wrote:
I don't.
We do. 2020 Duo. I presume the privacy screen is a unit and includes them. A bit superfluous but no big deal.
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Mon May 30, 2022 9:58 am

petermcd wrote:You can also set the ‘ducted warm air’ heating system to blow cool air …… Peter M
Didn't know that Peter. How do you get that to work?
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon May 30, 2022 10:40 am

mrbridger2u wrote:. Just to pick up on the fly screen, the short Duo does have one on the offside behind the cooker.
Yes I do have that but the comment was that you have flyscreens on non-opening windows which I don't have.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinktwo Tue May 31, 2022 7:09 am

petermcd wrote:You can also set the ‘ducted warm air’ heating system to blow cool air …… Peter M
I think that is only in Truma fitted vans, in newer Warwick XL they use Whale which I don't believe has that option.

I remember someone posting that they got new rear windows fitted that had openings similar to the side door, at a relatively low cost, they are an option on a Boxer minibus.
Kevinktwo
Kevinktwo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by petermcd Tue May 31, 2022 7:25 am

Victor …. on my Warwick XL the Truma heater can be set to blow or more properly, recirculate cool air, by selecting the ‘fan’ option on the control panel …. either ‘Eco’ or ‘High’.
Peter M
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Victor Johnstone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamerbfc Tue May 31, 2022 7:19 pm

Another vote for fitting a MaxAir Fan. In our Kingham it's nr the kitchen. Brilliant piece of kit.
Dreamerbfc
Dreamerbfc

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down