The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top

3 posters

Go down

1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top  Empty 1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top

Post by Campervan adventures Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:50 am

Hello, I am new to the forum and we have only had our Peugeot 1999 Symbol for nearly two years.

When we bought it from a broker there was staining in the over head locker and a little bit by the heater switch panel which they said was where a wet sheet had been by the previous owners. It was dry on inspection and we had a habitation check done which was fine. 

I had put some books in the shelf below the window on the drivers side and had noticed that they were occasionally damp but put this down to condensation. This winter the whole shelf became damp and stained and around the heater panel, the over head locker is dry. 

We have checked the seal around the top window and put some extra mastic around the seal outside and I have put paper towel in each corner of the window inside which is bone dry. 

We have put a dehum in the campervan which is working well. The shelf has been dry for a few weeks but when I went in yesterday the corner of the shelf was damp again. I put some paper towel in the corner yesterday which was wet this morning.

We can not figure out where it is coming from it’s almost like it’s coming in when the wind is blowing in a certain direction from somewhere. Has anyone else had this problem please or can anyone advise us of where might be a good place in Dorset to take it to, to identify what’s causing it please. Many thanks. smile!
Campervan adventures
Campervan adventures

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Boxer Peugeot Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top  Empty Re: 1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top

Post by fenderbender Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 am

Leaks can be tricky to find, if you know that your top windows are sealed, have you checked the sealing of your roof vent. Any water ingress in the fibreglass roof will usually run inside the roof to the lowest point, so may appear a long way from where the actual leak is.

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top  Empty Re: 1999 Symbol Water Ingress in shelf under top

Post by Campervan adventures Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:24 pm

Hi Dave, we have had a look at the roof vent but maybe we need to take a closer look. Thanks for your feedback it’s greatly appreciated. smile!
Campervan adventures
Campervan adventures

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm

In the black joint between roof and body there are drain holes which can easily block with algae etc. Water sitting in that channel may seep through.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Campervan adventures Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback I did wonder about that, so you think it could actually sleep through the metal work please? Many thanks.
Campervan adventures
Campervan adventures

Female

Back to top Go down