The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol Empty Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol

Post by Robbit M Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am

Hello to all. First I must say that I hope members are keeping well and perhaps using all this spare time to work on their vans ! I want to clean the water tank and pipes on my Symbol. I understand that Puriclean is a good product for flushing the system and that Puri Sol can be added to keep the water fresh whenever the tank is filled. The instructions from Puriclean though also mention changing the water filter ? Does anyone have experience of this ? To be honest I don't even know where the filter is and where I would get a replacement. As always, your help would be very much appreciated.
Keep safe
Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol Empty Re: Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 am

I don't think you have a filter. My 97 Symphony didn't have one despite it mentioned in the handbook. I use Aquasol in first tankful of fresh water after a period of non-use.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol Empty Re: Cleaning Water Tank / System on 1999 Symbol

Post by safariboy Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:07 pm

I would also use citric acid.  (see my post in post on water level indicators for details) This descales the tank and particularly the studs that operate the level indicators,
It also descales the pump, pressure switch, and water heater tank.  After doing it the system seemed to work much better and the water level indicators were fine.

The safety sheet suggests that puriclean contains a chemical that produces chlorine.  Truma tell you never to use chlorine based cleaners in their hot water system.  Chlorine can do nasty things to some stainless steel.  Puriclean however suggest that it is safe.  So I would not risk it.

You must not mix puriclean with citric acid  (see puriclean safety sheet.)

Last edited by safariboy on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
safariboy
safariboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbit M Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks very much Safariboy

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down