The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham water pump

2 posters

Go down

Kingham water pump Empty Kingham water pump

Post by bobash Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 am

All ready to change the pump but it started to work again. Worked fine until I filled the tank and it stopped working again. I can hear the pump running slightly louder than normal but no water out of taps not even air. I drained half a tank of water and the pump is working again. In other words pump doesn't work when tank is full but works when tank is half full. Mystery?
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Kingham water pump Empty Re: Kingham water pump

Post by inspiredron Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:28 pm

That sounds as though your tank breather (air intake hole on top of tank) is blocked. If your van has a hole in the wall water inlet as well as the Whale inlet then take off the cap and try again. If you don't have the hole in the wall than locate the inlet solenoid and remove the pipe from the bottom of that solenoid. Either will let air into the tank to replace the water that is being pumped. If that currs the problem then it is almost certainly the tank breather being blocked. You will probably need to drop the tank to sort that. On my van I get a puddle of water from the breather when I totally fill the tank. Do you?

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:37 pm

inspiredron wrote:That sounds as though your tank breather (air intake hole on top of tank) is blocked. If your van has a hole in the wall water inlet as well as the Whale inlet then take off the cap and try again. If you don't have the hole in the wall than locate the inlet solenoid and remove the pipe from the bottom of that solenoid. Either will let air into the tank to replace the water that is being pumped. If that currs the problem then it is almost certainly the tank breather being blocked. You will probably need to drop the tank to sort that. On my van I get a puddle of water from the breather when I totally fill the tank. Do you?

Cheers Ron looks like you have hit the nail on the head. Filled the tank with water until it overflowed through the breather and it is now working ok. I think the breather was blocked and forcing the water into the tank cleared the blockage. I am in Portugal at the moment and was going to get a motorhome repair garage to fit a new pump. Thanks Ron you have saved me about 200€.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 pm

Excellent! Well done and thanks for feedback.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down