The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interior spot lights

4 posters

Go down

Interior spot lights Empty Interior spot lights

Post by Toffee Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:48 pm

The switch on one of the undercupboard spot lights on out Fairford has gone dodgy, I’m sure this is a regular problem, has anyone ever found a supply for the switch? save me all the hassle of going to the dealer for a new lamp unit? 
Thanks
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Interior spot lights Empty Re: Interior spot lights

Post by Mindhyg Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi Toffee

what makes you think this is a regular problem?  scratch head

My Fairford under cupboard lights and light switches have never given any problems in two years and are used a lot.
Mindhyg
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Mindhyg wrote:Hi Toffee

what makes you think this is a regular problem?  scratch head

My Fairford under cupboard lights and light switches have never given any problems in two years and are used a lot.
Never had such problem on Sussex. Never seen any other post about this so can't see it being a regular problem.
Mine are these...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:27 am

Just changed one in our caravan  £2 from ebay. Look for 12v rocker switch, of 18mm to 20mm diameter  They are soldered connections, so at that price, it's worth buying two.  I spoilt the first switch by overheating and melting the plastic, thus loosening the terminal. Dummy!
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Mindhyg Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:48 am

Hi KMRTOPAZ. With all due respect, I think we could be talking about two different style switches here, yours and Toffee's. These are not stand alone switches in his lights, and would be different to the lights in your caravan. His are not purchasable as a replacement switch only. The switch that Toffee is talking about is integrated into the lamp fitting itself.  There are two types of lights, one is a LED spotlight with a round switch designed into the lamp base. The other is a LED stripe light with an integrated switch designed into the strip itself. Toffee would need a replacement fitting and probably I suspect that he has now bought one already. I have put a couple of photo's on for reference. All the best to you.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mindhyg
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 am

Hi Mindhyg, Thank you for the "with respect" which I now return !  Both of the switches shown in your two photos are in fact separate and replaceable "panel switches".  They operate in the same way as those fitted into the light units in our caravan.
I would have normally gone to Maplin for a replacement, but since their demise it would be Ebay or RS Components ……  who used to be known as Radiospares some fifty years ago when I first knew them..    Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:09 pm

Neither of those pictures are the switches that I have, it is the led spot lamp, but the switch is black and has a bezel around it. I know they are a problem because we fit similar lights into the Narrowboats we build that use the same switch, and they fail frequently. 
I haven’t replaced the light yet and have been away this weekend and another has failed.
I’ve got a supplier for a 20mm switch but need to take the lights out to measure if it will fit the spot light.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down