The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KINGHAM TRUMA WOODEN HOUSING

5 posters

Go down

KINGHAM TRUMA WOODEN HOUSING Empty KINGHAM TRUMA WOODEN HOUSING

Post by plymouthred Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Greetings!

Just returned from a cracking weekend in Cornwall but got the dreaded E 45 H code on our Truma!

Got back home and looked under the fixed bed..........doddle I thought to unscrew the one screw on the lid and slide it out to get to the unit to check the fuses or to see if the overheating switch has been triggered. 

One screw out only to find it is attached 'some how' to the back board? Has anyone got any ideas how to remove the lid please?  read

Tearing my two hairs out  hugegrins
plymouthred
plymouthred
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

KINGHAM TRUMA WOODEN HOUSING Empty Re: KINGHAM TRUMA WOODEN HOUSING

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Re Error 45. Confirm you don't have the source set to EL and not on EHU.
I have done that before and I think it gives error 45.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by plymouthred Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:12 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:Re Error 45. Confirm you don't have the source set to EL and not on EHU.
I have done that before and I think it gives error 45.

Hi Don, 

Sorry a bit confused with your reply? 

I set the operating mode to 'EL 1' as the campsite was full and didn't want to chance the 'EL 2' mode just in case. Tried it again under both at home and still getting the error. 

Should have originally mentioned that it did work fine with 'Gas' only. 

Dave
plymouthred
plymouthred
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Sorry for the confusion.  It is just that I see error 45 a lot.
It happens to me when I turn the Truma Combi on with source EL 2 (or EL 1) and I haven't connected the EHU.
EHU must be connected when set to EL (1 or 2) or you get error 45 (E 45 H or W 45 H or E 45 W etc).

It could be a simple explanation and means you don't need to dismantle the boiler.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:37 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:Sorry for the confusion.  It is just that I see error 45 a lot.
It happens to me when I turn the Truma Combi on with source EL 2 (or EL 1) and I haven't connected the EHU.
EHU must be connected when set to EL (1 or 2) or you get error 45.

Sorry, not an answer to the original question.

I also get this error frequently, I knew it was something I was doing rather than a fault but hadn’t got round to investigating why as it always cleared.
Thanks Autosleepy, I’m always jumping between power sources and that explains my errors allthumbz
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by plymouthred Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Cheers for the replies  up!

Where we go we normally can't get EHU as we park next to a friends caravan but on this occasion we were lucky enough to get EHU so a bonus or so I thought!

Aye we were all hooked up, the nice little 'lightening bolt' showing on the Truma CP unit and water heater switched on. It went on for a wee while then the 'warning triangle' came up. Reverted to gas and no problems whatsoever. 

I need to eliminate the error but can't remove the damn wooden housing to take a peek at the boiler.
plymouthred
plymouthred
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Cope Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi folks. Dreaded E 45 H appeared on our Truma System on our Stanton when we set up at Keswick C and CC site. 2 days ago. As we usually do, I hooked up the EHU on the site, as my other half did a few things in the van, including setting up the Truma while I faffed about outside. Five minutes later, we realised  the we had no mains power to the van, despite everything seeming OK. I checked back and found that the hook up on the site was a new one with a manual switch to power it up after connecting it up. I switched it on, we boiled the kettle everything seemed OK. However we now find that the Truma CP does not show mains power being available, so we are running the Truma on Gas only. This now means that as we have a built in gas storage system, we may have to cut our trip short as our 40 year old Pifco Electric Fan Heater is just hanging in. Like Plymouth red, I have had a look at trying to access the boiler. I am assuming that trying to run the system without mains power has caused this problem. Any thoughts ??? Cheeers Mike
Mike Cope
Mike Cope

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:18 pm

A lot of Truma errors are due to not shutting down correctly. Worth trying to close down fully by holding close button for at least ten seconds before releasing. Any shorter only puts it into standby and it needs full shut down before a restart.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Mike. If the hard reset doesn't work (Pauls suggestions), then I would check all the switches, circuit breakers, RCDs and fuses on the Sargent EC500 before tackling the fuse on the Truma itself.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Cope Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:10 am

Hi folks - success ! We hard reset the system, and then found that the space and water heater RCDs had tripped on the PSU. We reset them, switched the Truma Control Unit on, and the 230v mains supply indicator appeared for the first time since we hooked up here! Everything is now OK. I found out from the Site Manager (?) during a difficult conversation with him last night that the site hook ups which we used were new in May, and he did not know that they had a manual switch until he came with me to look at ours ( !! ) Hopefully it can be brought to visitors attention when they arrive. I’ll mention this to him today. Thanx again. Mike
Mike Cope
Mike Cope

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down