The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU

3 posters

Go down

Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU Empty Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi All,

I have been staying in my 2016 Kingham on my mothers driveway in Dorset for last few months whilst helping to look after her in her old age.

The Truma Combi E water and heating system has been working fine on EHU until the other day when I became aware I was getting colder in the evening, cool air coming from vents and luke warm water from the taps. The control showed the heating and water icons flashing forever as they never never reached target temps.

To cut a long diagnosis process short, the hot water and heating work fine when on gas but not on EHU. I have no error codes displayed on the control panel, I have tried a restart of the entire system without success and eventually left it on gas because I sadly had my mothers funeral to attend and I had other things I needed to do.

A quick search on my phone suggested their is a 240v overheat reset button on the combi unit under the bed but also suggested that an error code would be displayed in this case and besdies, how on earth do you get to it on a Kingham?

Could anyone give me any ideas on what the issue might be please? I'm not in the van at the moment but will go back down next week sometime.

Many thanks in advance  smile!
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU Empty Re: Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:18 pm

This shows the reset button but can't help you get access....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU Empty Re: Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:22 pm

Paulmold wrote:This shows the reset button but can't help you get access....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Paul, yeah, I've seen that but on the Kingham it's under a cowling with no obvious access except for a vent on the side and I got no error code either.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:32 pm

If you have 240 else ware I would have a go at the reset button to rule it out.  Not sure where it is on the Kingham but you are looking for a small cover which pops off
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

gef wrote:If you have 240 else ware I would have a go at the reset button to rule it out.  Not sure where it is on the Kingham but you are looking for a small cover which pops off

Thanks, I assume it's on the unit in the usual place, however I'm guessing the wooden box around it has to be removed unless a Kingham owner knows a shortcut?
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Taking the top of a box is better as most units are hidden and you need an extending mirror to view.  I take it the Truma box shows a live feed?
gef

Male

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:27 pm

gef wrote:Taking the top of a box is better as most units are hidden and you need an extending mirror to view.  I take it the Truma box shows a live feed?

The control panel shows the EHU icon yes. The box is well built in and I guess it's the only option to remove part of it to get to the reset switch as you can see below;
(not my van, google pic search)

Kingham Truma heater not working on EHU 2019-autosleeper-kingham-for-sale-uc5678-49
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Update:  Well, it wasn't the reset switch. One for the dealer to sort I guess.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:37 pm

Did you hold the switch in for 10 secs and there is a fuse somewhere in that area that you could check
gef

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:46 pm

gef wrote:Did you hold the switch in for 10 secs and there is a fuse somewhere in that area that you could check

Yeah, but it hadn't popped out. I couldn't check the fuse as I removed the vent cover and felt my way to remove the cover and check the switch. It's still under dealer warranty and has to go back for some other stuff so I'll add it to the list, thanks anyway.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Just for your info button doesn't pop out you have to press in for 10 secs to reset
gef

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:17 pm

gef wrote:Just for your info button doesn't pop out you have to press in for 10 secs to reset

Oh right, thanks, whatever I was pressing (I had to use a small metal rod to actually press it) wouldn't move.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:35 pm

It's not easy to find usually behind a twin pair of wires
gef

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:39 pm

gef wrote:It's not easy to find usually behind a twin pair of wires

Oh, maybe I mssed it then and spent 10 mins trying to press a philips screw in. shrugg
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Not to worry you I had 3 years of problems down to a feed fire not being crimpt.  You don't have that problem
gef

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:58 pm

gef wrote:Not to worry you I had 3 years of problems down to a feed fire not being crimpt.  You don't have that problem

Hmmm.....  Think I'll let the dealer look for the problem, I'll let you know what they find.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ExRacingRat Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Update: For info I collected my van from the dealer today. It was the 240v heating elements that had gone, doesn't bring up an error code on the control panel.
ExRacingRat
ExRacingRat

Male

Back to top Go down