The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help to choose a layout

+2
burlingtonboaby
iandsm
6 posters

Go down

Help to choose a layout Empty Help to choose a layout

Post by iandsm Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:50 pm

First of all I should confess that I am not currently an owner of an auto sleeper I had to tell a few white lies to register with the site. I have seen the Kemerton XL which I am most impressed with and I am wondering whether this has two single bunks, obviously the large settee is ready to use but I wonder about the seat on the opposite side being converted to a bunk and how easy that might be.

So what I am looking for really is advice on which model Autosleeper would suit my needs, I was very much impressed as was my wife with the separate shower which is really something we would like to keep and I am wondering whether there are other models apart from the Kemerton which have a separate shower and twin bunks, theseperate shower is really something we would like to keep and I am wondering whether there are other models apart from the Kemerton which have a separate shower and twin bunks.

Any advice from current owners would be very much appreciated thank you.
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleepers
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Help to choose a layout Empty Re: Help to choose a layout

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi and welcome.

Coachbuilts are generally recognised to give better value for money than conversions, and are less restricted by existing doors and windows in the hab area.

Best advice is to visit as many shows and dealers as you can with a three column list . . .

1/. Must have.
2/. Not bothered either way.
3/. Not at any price!

I'd suggest you look at a Nuevo EK. You will like the shower in one of those. It sounds like it might tick most of your boxes, and we've yet to come across anything we would find preferable - with the possible exception of a Broadway EK. No different to ours except the side benches are longer - but we can't easily fit one on the drive.

Nobody can really advise you, but we can hopefully raise a few pointers to help you decide. Get out and check a few is the only way to see what will suit your individual needs.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 pm

smile!
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Warwick XL also has separate shower but located on side instead of rear so you get two long sofas ready to use as single beds.

Ps - same iandsm from Fun and Wild?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Yes 
Paulmold wrote:Warwick XL also has separate shower but located on side instead of rear so you get two long sofas ready to use as single beds.

Ps - same iandsm from Fun and Wild?
Yes that’s me. Thinking about a change to something a little smaller
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Knick-Knack Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 pm

iandsm

Don't worry about the white lies; most motorhomes are white anyway.

When we bought our Nuevo we had a couple of things we were certain of:

1  You go to bed every night, so make sure you can do it easily (even after the very occasional glass of wine).

2  For the same reason, unless you can leave the bed made up, make sure that you can store the bedding easily.

We looked at several van conversions where the salesman opened the rear doors to show us how "easy" it was to get the bed ready. (Are you seriously going to do that every night?)

Also, as we do quite a few longer trips abroad, we are glad that we ended up with space for two calor gas bottles, as refills are not easy abroad.  The alternative is refillable lpg.

Van conversions tend to be a bit narrow and corridor-like inside, but are better to drive on narrow roads, and I expect mpg is a bit better.

Finally, visit the motorhome show in Norwich next w/e (20/21 July) if you can.  There will be lots of vans to see and lots of advice available.

Nick
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:44 am

Yes I am going to the show, I remember last year there was an Autosleeper which had a separate shower and twin bunks which we liked but I couldn't remember the name of it, at let now I an armed with some more information so have bit more of a clue which models meet our needs.
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bl55 Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Sorry for the slightly tardy reply - but I'm going to attempt to answer your original question, as we have a Kemerton XL!

It's dead easy to convert the nearside seat into a single bed. There is a catch in the base of the seat, you press it, and the seat flattens out along the inside of the sliding door. Put one cushion (provided) in the gap at fridge end, and, hey presto, you have a 6 foot something single bed, ready for bed linen. Takes, ooooh, maybe 10 seconds max.

I have to say that we prefer to use the double bed configuration, which provides a massive 6 foot something square bed to luxuriate in. Takes us about 2 minutes to flatten out the seats and get the bed linen down, then ready for snoozing!

In case anyone is interested, we lay a duvet down as a mattress topper (we had a spare duvet, so why go to the additional expense of a Duvalay?), then bottom sheet, top sheet, duvet on top, and that's it. Waving at each other from opposite sides of our mahoosive bed. Unless we are feeling passionate of course...

Cheers

Brian
bl55
bl55

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Thank you. Very informative
iandsm