The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a can - so many models to choose!

2 posters

Go down

Looking for a can - so many models to choose! Empty Looking for a can - so many models to choose!

Post by RichardB Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi all
As I just posted in the new members area, we are looking to buy our first van.
We have a few requirements, which are below...

1) Needs travel seats for 4 (inc driver)
2) Needs to have a toilet/washroom/shower faciltiies
3) I need to ba able to drive it - i'm 6ft 7, and can fit in most Peugoet models I have seen but can only comfortably drive older Talbot Express vans if the drivers seat moves back enough!

We have looked at some older models (J to M reg) and a few newer (T to X reg) but think ideally the later T-X models are in better general condition.

At the moment our current favourite is the AutoSleepers Harmony and have seen an R reg one for £9500 (is this a good price).

Is there on this site (or anywhere) a list of Autosleeper models with details of how many passenger seats they have?  Alot of the adverts I struggle to see if the usual bench seat can change into a forward facing travel seat

Thanks and any advice welcomed

Richard
RichardB
RichardB

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Not at the moment...
Vehicle Year : n/a

Back to top Go down

Looking for a can - so many models to choose! Empty Re: Looking for a can - so many models to choose!

Post by Harper22 Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:08 pm

I have a T reg harmony and I love her to bits, find the seating layout very versatile for travelling and lounging and found very few other models that match for quality and layout. 
If your wanting an oven then the symphony or duetto may be the one for you although these are a smige longer than the harmony. 
My main car is a kia picanto and was worried about upscaling with the van but its just as easy to drive and park particularly on busy seafronts etc. 
one word of caution is check for RUST!! check check and check again, it would appear that the van conversions have a nasty habit of having the condensation rust them from the inside out particularly the sill area. other than this issue i would whole heartedly recommend the harmony to anyone, I would also suggest you get the version with the over cab bed, not to use as a bed but its a much larger storage area than the ones with just the cupboard and in the harmony you need all the storage you can get hugegrins 

Happy hunting

Neil
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down