The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat

2 posters

Go down

1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat Empty 1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat

Post by Robbit M Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:04 am

Hello all. I am 6 feet 2 inches tall and have always had some difficulty finding a comfortable driving position in my 1999 Symbol. This has become even more difficult following knee replacement surgery.
I believe the seat, frame etc to be the original AS fitted components.
I am submitting this post to most likely confirm what I believe to true but also in the hope that there may be somebody out there that knows better!!
Apart from the option to recline the rear seat pad it seems that the only other adjustment is to slide the seat backwards and forwards on its frame. And then I have a query because the seat will go back quite a way but then has to come forward again to settle into a locked position?
There is no option to change the seat height?
There is no option to adjust the steering wheel?
(How spoilt we are in more modern vehicles 😁)
Your comments would be most welcome
Cheers
Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat Empty Re: 1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat

Post by Gromit Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:44 am

Hi Rob

I don't know your van at all, but if you Google "Lowered seat box" there may be something there to help you.

I'm a bit taller than you and I had one of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on a previous van, and it made quite a difference. Not cheap, but the extra comfort, plus the ability to walk at the end of a long journey (!!) was well worth it.

Ask Mr Google - he knows everything!  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat Empty Re: 1999 Symbol - adjustment of drivers seat

Post by Robbit M Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Thanks Gromit. Will consult Mr G

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down