The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony passenger seat adjustment

5 posters

Go down

Symphony passenger seat adjustment Empty Symphony passenger seat adjustment

Post by daveymoon Sun May 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi all,

We recently acquired a 1998 Symphony and have just started getting acquainted with it. I have the original Autosleeper handbook (which is great) but following the diagrams for laying out the beds (either single or double configuation) the passenger seat does not move far enough forward for the cushions to fit as per Autosleeper spec. For some reason the passenger (swivel) seat doesn't move as far forward as the drivers seat (by about 6 inches).

As soon as I can get hold of the right size torx bit I'll whip the seat off to have a look , but just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Dave (Autosleeper Newbie)
daveymoon
daveymoon

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Symphony passenger seat adjustment Empty Re: Symphony passenger seat adjustment

Post by Paramedic Sun May 24, 2020 7:39 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. Sorry can't help you but other members will surely offer advice.  wave

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalvoyager Mon May 25, 2020 6:46 am

Hi Dave
I have a 1997 Symphony and both front seats move forward right up to the dash. In fact the passenger seat is a bit of a pain because if you push forward too much the seat comes off the rails and it becomes a devil of a job to get it back on. Maybe a previous owner has done the same and the seat is either not properly lined up on the rails or maybe introduced a "stop" to prevent it from coming off the rails?

Ian
Crystalvoyager
Crystalvoyager

Male

Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by daveymoon Mon May 25, 2020 7:58 am

Crystalvoyager wrote:Hi Dave
I have a 1997 Symphony and both front seats move forward right up to the dash. In fact the passenger seat is a bit of a pain because if you push forward too much the seat comes off the rails and it becomes a devil of a job to get it back on. Maybe a previous owner has done the same and the seat is either not properly lined up on the rails or maybe introduced a "stop" to prevent it from coming off the rails?

Ian

Thanks Ian, good to know. It seems a bit odd but mine comes to a thumping stop, so I think you're right and maybe modified for some reason. I'll whip the seat off next week and see if I can free it up.

Dave
daveymoon
daveymoon

Male

Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 am

old A/S we had years ago  had a strong piece of wire looped and clamped at both ends like very strong washing line, plastic coated, attached to the passengers seat frame in such a way that stopped/restricted the seat from going too far and off the runners. attached through drilled holes in seat frame somewhere and seat base. hope this might help in some way.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon May 25, 2020 9:10 am

Our Harmony is similar...both front seats move up to the dash.
There is a stop bar on the runners to prevent the seat sliding off the runners....maybe this was a later modification by AS.

One word of caution though, when you do remove the seat, make sure there are two of you to remove it.
It's b****y heavy and put my back out!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down